The Student Room Group

********The Ideal Height For a Girl***********

Would you consider 5ft6 tall for a girl?
Most of my friends are shorter than me, and I just feel like I'm too tall - sometimes I just feel so out of place. Although with that being said, I much prefer standing next to friends of a similar height and my family, who are all tall.
Until I became 13ish, I was actually fairly average - but then I had some crazy sudden growth-spurt and literally grew overnight, haha ������
But yh, I go to a girl's school, so I'm not sure how I compare to boys of my age (I'm 16 btw), but as far as I've seen, there's not many tall guys out there.
I dunno, I'm just really self-concious about my height.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've been 5'11'' since the age of 14. 5'6'' is a lovely height. It allows you to wear heels without acquiring giraffe status.
Waist height if I'm honest :colone:
I find tall slim girls really attractive, like 5ft8
Original post by Ideot
I've been 5'11'' since the age of 14. 5'6'' is a lovely height. It allows you to wear heels without acquiring giraffe status.

But I actually do feel like a giraffe when I'm with short friends. 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
About a foot and half, then I can hang her off my wang.
Reply 6
Original post by rhiana_dee
But I actually do feel like a giraffe when I'm with short friends. 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry - they'll all be very jealous of your legs. :tongue:
I'm 5'6 which I reckon is considered average or just a a teensy bit above. In my home town most females (and males tbh) are in general taller than where I moved out to, just from my personal observation. Don't worry too much OP, you're a fairly normal height and as someone said you can wear heels and still be of a normal height i.e. not too tall as you won't probably hit any more than 5'8-9ish.
Reply 8
I'm 5ft6 too. If we were any taller we would be models :biggrin:
Original post by TheCommonsGhost
About a foot and half, then I can hang her off my wang.

Well that was uncalled for.
Wow you think 5ft6 is tall I'm 5ft7 and where I live I'm pretty average or occasionally called short , trust me you'll

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
5 ft 6 is perfect
Learn to love your height and legs later on when the guys start catching on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Green Velvet
I'm 5'6 which I reckon is considered average or just a a teensy bit above. In my home town most females (and males tbh) are in general taller than where I moved out to, just from my personal observation. Don't worry too much OP, you're a fairly normal height and as someone said you can wear heels and still be of a normal height i.e. not too tall as you won't probably hit any more than 5'8-9ish.

Come to think of it, now I think it's just where I live. I'm probably just surrounded by shorter people (which is why I feel gigantic). If 5'6 is average-ish, then heck, I'm living in the wrong place, cos I certainly don't feel average. :tongue:
I'm 5'6/7" and I never feel tall haha! Only when I wear heels and no-one else does, and even then that's only among girls. I would never consider myself tall (even though it technically is) and no-one else does :P it's a great height.
Come to think of it, now I think it's just where I live. I'm probably just surrounded by shorter people (which is why I feel gigantic). If 5'6 is average-ish, then heck, I'm living in the wrong place, cos I certainly don't feel average. :tongue:

I've moved out to Leicester and I swear on average most people I come across are shorter. My friend who's also from the city where I'm from originally notices it too. I think there's like one over-6ft person in my year group which in comparison to at home is ridiculous. Plus I've grown up around very tall people (both males and female members are my height to over 6 ft on my maternal and paternal sides), so I probs notice the height thing more.
I'm a guy and around 5'6" but tbh I wouldn't really mind if a girl was taller or smaller than me (obviously not Peter Crouch but you know) A couple of inches here and there is fine, it seems really trivial to not like somebody because of something they can't change
5'3"-5'6" is ideal imo :yep:
Original post by dorcasviela
Wow you think 5ft6 is tall I'm 5ft7 and where I live I'm pretty average or occasionally called short , trust me you'll

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha my brother calls me short (that's cos he's around 6ft) but that's about as far as it goes. According to everyone else, I'm tall.
Haha my brother calls me short (that's cos he's around 6ft) but that's about as far as it goes. According to everyone else, I'm tall.

Lol I think it's definitely just where your from aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest