The Student Room Group

Quiz: Can you tell the difference between UKIP and BNP?

Who said what? A quiz on the Guardian to see whether or not you can tell the difference between UKIP and BNP quotes...

aka are they both as heinous as each other?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/quiz/2014/may/19/quiz-bnp-ukip-quotes-who-said-what

Scroll to see replies

Nuff said.
Reply 2
7/13 :tongue:
I got 9 :redface: apparently 2 over the average! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
The guardian huh? That's pretty much the first warning sign that link shouldn't be dignified with a click.
not bothering.
Original post by P357
The guardian huh? That's pretty much the first warning sign that link shouldn't be dignified with a click.
not bothering.

Why don't you put aside your expectations for a a while and give it a shot? What's the worst thing that could happen?
Reply 6
Original post by hamijack
Why don't you put aside your expectations for a a while and give it a shot? What's the worst thing that could happen?

time wastage
besides,i could recite the guardian rhetoric by heart anyway-why confirm that crap for the 14398573th time with some silly quiz
Original post by P357
time wastage
besides,i could recite the guardian rhetoric by heart anyway-why confirm that crap for the 14398573th time with some silly quiz

It's literally just quotes followed by tickboxes. It took 30 seconds. Wouldn't you rather know if the party you support (I'm guessing UKIP) are indistinguishable from a bunch of fascists?
It's literally just quotes followed by tickboxes. It took 30 seconds. Wouldn't you rather know if the party you support (I'm guessing UKIP) are indistinguishable from a bunch of fascists?

I don't like UKIP but The Guardian has clearly picked the worst quotes from UKIP to paint them in a negative light. If you look at Labour or Tories you would be able to find a couple of nutters that have said similar things. If the quiz truely wanted to show UKIP are fascist then they should have based it off some of the policies in their manifesto rather than use quotes that Farage isn't happy have been said.
Original post by justanotherposter
I don't like UKIP but The Guardian has clearly picked the worst quotes from UKIP to paint them in a negative light. If you look at Labour or Tories you would be able to find a couple of nutters that have said similar things. If the quiz truely wanted to show UKIP are fascist then they should have based it off some of the policies in their manifesto rather than use quotes that Farage isn't happy have been said.

What policies? What manifesto? I'm pretty sure they haven't published one since they withdrew the one form the last election.

I'll agree with you about there being nutters in the Tories and Labour, but they don't seem to open their mouth and spout **** nearly as frequently or consistently as UKIP do.
10/13

Clearly completely unrepresentative but fun none-the-less.
Reply 11

yes yes -the guardian-trustworthy source of the people known to shed light on the truth :rolleyes:

I'm still a Tory for now,sorry dude.
And the guardian is still (and always will be) an embarrassment.
And not knowing the difference between the BNP and UKIP doesn't bode well for you either dude.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Fullofsurprises
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bn67nILIAAAA2gu.png:large

Nuff said.

Not really. It's not a direct comparison. Romanians are a small portion of the population so of course the percentage of Romanian prisoners is going to be low Romanians are 0.15% of the population so there are still a disproportionate number imprisoned.

As to the test. This is getting beyond parody. By carefully selecting the worst quotes of UKIP supporters you've not exactly done a fair comparison now have you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by P357
yes yes -the guardian-trustworthy source of the people known the shed light on the truth :rolleyes:

I'm still a Tory for now,sorry dude.
And the guardian is still (and always will be) an embarrassment.
And not knowing the difference between the BNP and UKIP doesn't bode well for you either dude.

I do know the difference between UKIP and the BNP. UKIP is a one-issue, one-man party that isn't intrinsically racist but seems to attract quite a lot of people with extreme opinions. The BNP on the other hand is a multiple issue fascist party that attracts even more people with extreme opinions.
What policies? What manifesto? I'm pretty sure they haven't published one since they withdrew the one form the last election.

I'll agree with you about there being nutters in the Tories and Labour, but they don't seem to open their mouth and spout **** nearly as frequently or consistently as UKIP do.

It's likely a combination of two factors. First ukip being small being unable to be as selective as to who represents it and it attracting more extreme points of view from those who are even further disenfranchised with the main 3 parties aka admitdly bigoted head cases.

In addition the media has been very much trying to dig up as much dirt as possible with respect to ukip so of course it's going to seem like they're saying more stupid **** than anyone else.

I don't support them. They are a joke who have no place in government but I will vote for them here because I want reform of the other parties (in particular the tories), and taking votes away from all of them seems to be the way to do it. We can criticise ukip all we like but they are only getting support because the main 3 parties have failed to represent people.

We should be scared of them however. I don't want a single issue party having a voice on a variety of issues. They lack any clear policy other than anti EU.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by limetang
It's likely a combination of two factors. First ukip being small being unable to be as selective as to who represents it and it attracting more extreme points of view from those who are even further disenfranchised with the main 3 parties aka admitdly bigoted head cases.

In addition the media has been very much trying to dig up as much dirt as possible with respect to ukip so of course it's going to seem like they're saying more stupid **** than anyone else.

I don't support them. They are a joke who have no place in government but I will vote for them here because I want reform of the other parties (in particular the tories), and taking votes away from all of them seems to be the way to do it. We can criticise ukip all we like but they are only getting support because the main 3 parties have failed to represent people.

I disagree about that the media digging stuff up. Obviously newspapers with a bias, like the Guardian, will probably have been digging around for crazy stuff that UKIP candidates have said, but in general the media reports on stuff that's news. They don't manufacture it. They report more on stuff UKIP say because UKIP say more crazy stuff.

If you're going to make your vote a protest vote, why vote for such a ****e party. Why not vote for an actual competent one like (you may laugh) the Greens. At least if they get some power they won't utterly **** things up.
Reply 16
9/13 - I'm surprised the BNP didn't come up with some of the UKIP quotes.
Reply 17
10/13

Still doesn't stop my desire to create chaos in the EU parliment.
9/13 :lol:
I disagree about that the media digging stuff up. Obviously newspapers with a bias, like the Guardian, will probably have been digging around for crazy stuff that UKIP candidates have said, but in general the media reports on stuff that's news. They don't manufacture it. They report more on stuff UKIP say because UKIP say more crazy stuff.

If you're going to make your vote a protest vote, why vote for such a ****e party. Why not vote for an actual competent one like (you may laugh) the Greens. At least if they get some power they won't utterly **** things up.

Because the greens terrify me more than ukip. And ukip has a chance of making up enough numbers to actually cause other parties to take note.

I addition. It is abundantly clear what all media outlets are trying to do. I never said they manufactured the stuff I said they were selective in what they reported to paint a picture. It is clear that most media outlets do not ant you voting UKIP. For the sake of balance when did you last read a positive article about them?
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending