The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've been with black Women before. Not sure what you want me to identify about them... Other than they were attractive and interested me. Generally anyone that adheres to some cliches based on skin colour should be avoided.
How am I generalising? I'm commenting on historical make up/POVs of the two sides. Things might be different in your experience but that doesn't speak for everyone. From my experience for instance, West Indians are likely to date whites, and even go on to marry them. Whereas Africans I've met have desired to marry Africans

This is actually true.
I can tell the difference between africans and caribbeans and 9 times out of 10 when i see a white person with a black person they are caribbeans.
Even footballers and celebrities.
Uncle's and aunties tend to have a totally different outlook on culture compared to tyrone,winston and tanisha.
I personally prefer white guys but thats just my own personal prefrence. I do think about the culture clash, but if the two people want to be together then etnicity or culture should not be an issue.
Reply 123
I dont know what the question is here, I love black girls I think they are very exotic,beautiful and very sexy. I've been with white girls but I never had the opportunity to meet a nice black woman, but I would really like to. I find no cultural difference or racial, that stuff is in the past.
Original post by stargirl63
On average black girls tend to go for guys who would be accepted in their family as well. I know a few girls who wouldn't ever date a white guy because firstly he's white so "how would he know anything about anything we are interested in" and secondly their parents would probably laugh him out of their house. I know a Nigerian girl who dated a Vietnamese guy and she had to end it with him , because her parents didn't accept him - even though both were British.

Also a lot of black girls have already been with a black guy before - so once you go black...etc etc. I'm mixed and I don't particularly find white guys attractive, although there have been a few exceptions - it's their general vibe they give off which deters me.

I've also noticed that black guys are better at handling black girls. Black girls tend to be a lot more rowdy, and I know a lot of white guys who would easily back down, given a confrontation with the "single ladies" head movement ting. :rolleyes:

There is merit to some of the things you say, however other bits need challenging. The whole culture shock is relevant, even though it shouldn't be, given we all live in Britain. My ex-girlfriend was Jamaican by way of West Brom and there were lots of things I didn't get, but I tried to appreciate and understand (except dance-hall, which I'll never get). Sometimes, it's these sorts of differences which can often lead to a coming-together. I never had a problem with the family but I think there is a kernel of truth in ethnic minority families where distrust of white people is commonplace.

I don't buy the whole 'OYGBYNGB' stereotypical hype either but I would be interested in what you mean by 'general vibe'. Is this related to your last point where white men are seen as less dominant? Black guys are probably better at dealing with black women, but if interracial dating was more common, then hypothetically more white men would know how to 'handle' black women. It is only because these two groups aren't used to mixing that it happens. I don't necessarily see 'backing down' as a bad thing all the time as well. Relationships need compromise most of the time, so if you're constantly one-upping each other, it wouldn't work.

Funny thing is, all this being said, we broke up because we had little in common other than our friends and because I think she wanted more of the stereotypical protector/provider alpha male role, haha. This is just one example though, so I won't extrapolate it to greater trends.
Lol. black girls are not my type. Even naked black girls can't turn me on, frankly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stav9
I dont know what the question is here, I love black girls I think they are very exotic,beautiful and very sexy. I've been with white girls but I never had the opportunity to meet a nice black woman, but I would really like to. I find no cultural difference or racial, that stuff is in the past.

Hello :biggrin: :perv:

Yeah I'm of African origin. French African. I've noticed the English speaking Africans (old British colonies) are often closed to the whole interracial thing. I can't really think why though. It's a mystery to me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 127
Original post by skunkboy
Lol. black girls are not my type. Even naked black girls can't turn me on, frankly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure it's not just girls in general? :rolleyes:
Reply 128
I like black girls, that's one person.
Original post by Tom78
I like black girls, that's one person.

Hello to you too :perv:
Original post by QwentyJ
There is merit to some of the things you say, however other bits need challenging. The whole culture shock is relevant, even though it shouldn't be, given we all live in Britain. My ex-girlfriend was Jamaican by way of West Brom and there were lots of things I didn't get, but I tried to appreciate and understand (except dance-hall, which I'll never get). Sometimes, it's these sorts of differences which can often lead to a coming-together. I never had a problem with the family but I think there is a kernel of truth in ethnic minority families where distrust of white people is commonplace.

I don't buy the whole 'OYGBYNGB' stereotypical hype either but I would be interested in what you mean by 'general vibe'. Is this related to your last point where white men are seen as less dominant? Black guys are probably better at dealing with black women, but if interracial dating was more common, then hypothetically more white men would know how to 'handle' black women. It is only because these two groups aren't used to mixing that it happens. I don't necessarily see 'backing down' as a bad thing all the time as well. Relationships need compromise most of the time, so if you're constantly one-upping each other, it wouldn't work.

Funny you should say that - because most of the interracial relationships I have seen it's white girls and black guys. One of my black male friends told me he doesn't date black girls because there is "too much drama, they all try to act like divas instead of normal people". My boyfriend's mum is very very "up in your face" type of big lady, she is not afraid of causing a scene in the middle of lewisham shopping center if she is right (and she claps when she speaks). So it means that he doesn't really bat an eye lid when black girls do it, because he's used to it, it doesn't phase him anymore. Therefore he could handle a black girl perfectly. yes yes not all black girls are like this I don't see a white guy taking too kindly to that sort of behaviour without wanting to run a mile. (I could never do that tbh though, I don't think I have the ability to pull off any "diva" style attitude.)

Also no I don't really agree with the OYGBYNGB either tbh, but YES that's exactly what I mean - it's the alpha male, protector and slightly intimidating look that black guys have, which I don't tend to see too much in white guys. Black guys I have noticed seem to be a bit more possessive over their females, which I personally like because I feel like he's afraid to lose me. There's a few additional points as well, but it's difficult to explain.

And it's also a cultural thing, I would much prefer going to my boyfriends house and having ackee and saltfish, listening to reggaeton in the garden, then eating shepherds pie listening to gym music (also known as house). I'm stereotyping here perhaps, but I haven't really met any white guys who don't do this. I'm sure they are out there somewhere.

(My bf did make me pasta bake one time, but it wasn't nice) :colondollar:
Funny you should say that - because most of the interracial relationships I have seen it's white girls and black guys. One of my black male friends told me he doesn't date black girls because there is "too much drama, they all try to act like divas instead of normal people". My boyfriend's mum is very very "up in your face" type of big lady, she is not afraid of causing a scene in the middle of lewisham shopping center if she is right (and she claps when she speaks). So it means that he doesn't really bat an eye lid when black girls do it, because he's used to it, it doesn't phase him anymore. Therefore he could handle a black girl perfectly. yes yes not all black girls are like this I don't see a white guy taking too kindly to that sort of behaviour without wanting to run a mile. (I could never do that tbh though, I don't think I have the ability to pull off any "diva" style attitude.)

Also no I don't really agree with the OYGBYNGB either tbh, but YES that's exactly what I mean - it's the alpha male, protector and slightly intimidating look that black guys have, which I don't tend to see too much in white guys. Black guys I have noticed seem to be a bit more possessive over their females, which I personally like because I feel like he's afraid to lose me. There's a few additional points as well, but it's difficult to explain.

And it's also a cultural thing, I would much prefer going to my boyfriends house and having ackee and saltfish, listening to reggaeton in the garden, then eating shepherds pie listening to gym music (also known as house). I'm stereotyping here perhaps, but I haven't really met any white guys who don't do this. I'm sure they are out there somewhere.

Pray tell, what the hell does this stand for?
Original post by goldie56
Pray tell, what the hell does this stand for?

OYGBYNGB - once you go black you're not going back

looool

You're right and I'm beginning to think that BM/WF is promoted a bit more in the media/culturally than WM/BF for whatever reason. I do think the latter though is starting to increase as more WM realise that BF are not actually all that different. My dad's a bit like that: happy to cause a scene anywhere. I just pretend he's not my dad when it happens....that's the British way of doing things.

Ah, haha, I hate guys who get possessive. I mean my GF is free to do what she wants, as it's her life, but if someone challenged me for her, I'd definitely stick up for myself. I think most guys would be like that, whatever race they happen to be, unless they're really submissive.

And tbh, I doubt you'll find many white guys who'll eat ackee or saltfish or listen to reggae! Shepards pie and House music though are popular.
Original post by QwentyJ
You're right and I'm beginning to think that BM/WF is promoted a bit more in the media/culturally than WM/BF for whatever reason. I do think the latter though is starting to increase as more WM realise that BF are not actually all that different. My dad's a bit like that: happy to cause a scene anywhere. I just pretend he's not my dad when it happens....that's the British way of doing things.

Ah, haha, I hate guys who get possessive. I mean my GF is free to do what she wants, as it's her life, but if someone challenged me for her, I'd definitely stick up for myself. I think most guys would be like that, whatever race they happen to be, unless they're really submissive.

And tbh, I doubt you'll find many white guys who'll eat ackee or saltfish or listen to reggae! Shepards pie and House music though are popular.

I agree that WM/BF is becoming a lot more popular, the difference I also think is that a lot more people are mixing now days, so I don't think it's considered as "unknown" as it was say 10 (or even 5) years ago. I just want to promote that to be fair, because being mixed myself, I think it's great when different cultures come together, regardless of the race/gender mix.

Don't get me wrong, I know most guys would stick up for themselves if someone was making a pass at their girl, however I notice that black guys tend to do it for less of a reason. Like I said, I do personally like it. My boyfriend for example, if he sees a guy looking at me a little longer than he should, he does put his arm over me etc. However, he does give me my space when I need it, and does trust me when I go out with my guy friends, so it's all cool really.

Also - reggaeton/house is popular depending on who you're speaking to, so it's whatever you look for in a partner really. Someone who is similar or different to you. :smile:
Reply 135
I'm black and American Indian and I've mostly been in relationships with or had romantic pursuits with white guys of many types. I turn down the wiggers and wanna be gangsters, and then the avergae white guy "dude" douchebag type. I find wiggers actually like white girls, they just steal that hip hop style to attract white girls back because white girls seem to like that attitude, at least young ones. So I never really see a white guy Slim Shady character with a black girl, I think that's a fallacy. I do see them with ginges a lot, in fact a lot of ginges are attracted to me and I figure it's a symbiosis thing: ginges are teased by white people a lot and might wander off because everyone need s a little bit of lovin'. :perv: I am normally attracted to white guys who look like Colin Farrell, not literally but those type of features and that attitude. Also bearded. I need the beard. Sorry. :cute:
Reply 136
In general maybe because of my background though I prefer Asians. :yep: But I will try other options. I actually don't really like black guys; I'm attracted to them and then they talk and it's just done.
Up and running I see.
This thread never fails to make me laugh when I see it. Some of these comments...:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fruli
I know white guys generally aren't attracted to black girls but I wondered, Is there a certain type of white guy that appreciates black girls?

This is the type of "black" woman I'm attracted to:

Damaris-Lewis.jpg

And this is the complete opposite of what I find attractive:

Grace-Sarfo.jpg

I generally prefer olive skin tones that can tan well, compared to the above, but I'd still ask the top one out, although I'd be wary of the competition from alpha black guys for her attention as well.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending