The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dave.l
Well T=293+273=566k, P=100Kpa=100,000Pa, and i believe (from what i remember) the Moles you had was of Fe(NO3)3 0.00893x3=0.02679mol of NO2.

So V= NRT/P = 0.02679x8.31x566/100000 = 1.26x10-3 give or take.

I think this exam was actually okay, i've lost a few stupid marks (the balanced equations weren't worth the time for 1 mark and i put HF for the ionic bond, completely forgot about Hydrogen being an exception) but there wasn't anything that massively threw me tbh.

Thank GOD someone got the same answer as me !!!! Yes i think 1.26 x 10-3 is correct, one of the markschemes on this thread says its v = (1.23 x10-3) m^3 , but that nots right.
Reply 261
Original post by Xx1CALUM1xX
Thank GOD someone got the same answer as me !!!! Yes i think 1.26 x 10-3 is correct, one of the markschemes on this thread says its v = (1.23 x10-3) m^3 , but that nots right.

The 1.23x10-3 answer was for the 5 mark concentration question. 6(a)(i) to be precise. 1.26x10-3 is definitely the answer to the pV=nRT question :smile:
Was the final question one on bonding between thallium and boron? Was it the same page that had the shapes of molecules ? I'm panicking in case I missed it now but that was the last page I answered.
For the pV=nRT

Does the pressure need to be like 100*1000*0.8 (The 0.8 is according to mole ratios)
(edited 9 years ago)
For the catalyst for thermal cracking question I put Aluminium Oxide because I thought it said name the catalyst and I thought Zeolite Catalysts were a sort of group/type - would that still be right?
Original post by Myosin
The format of the question paper was absolutely RETARDED this year. I would have missed it too if I hadn't bothered to turn the whatpage over!
I'm presuming about 25% people will have missed it!

What was on the last page?
For the last page at the top we had to draw 2 of the molecular ions didn't we? But we only had to name and predict the angle for one of them??
I've worked out the lowest I could have is 54/70 and the highest is 57/70. With either of these grades, am I able to get an A overall if I do well in chem2? My coursework was 39/50.
Finally, do they really bring grade boundaries down? What is the A grade boundary most likely to be in this test?
Reply 268
Original post by Tryingtosucceed
I've worked out the lowest I could have is 54/70 and the highest is 57/70. With either of these grades, am I able to get an A overall if I do well in chem2? My coursework was 39/50.
Finally, do they really bring grade boundaries down? What is the A grade boundary most likely to be in this test?

Anywhere from 49-54
Are you serious? That would be a very low grade boundary though, are they likely to bring it so far down?

Original post by Myosin
Anywhere from 49-54
Reply 270
Original post by Tryingtosucceed
Are you serious? That would be a very low grade boundary though, are they likely to bring it so far down?

Not that far down at all though, considering the fact that it has been 54 for an A for the last two CHEM1 examinations and the fact that this year there was only one sitting allowed the grade boundaries are likely to drop by 2-3 marks each
For the question about the electronegativity and ionic compound thing, did u have to write an equation down or just write LiF?

I wrote down an incorrect equation but got LiF as the product!Do I get the mark??
This definitely isn't bad news!!

Original post by Myosin
Not that far down at all though, considering the fact that it has been 54 for an A for the last two CHEM1 examinations and the fact that this year there was only one sitting allowed the grade boundaries are likely to drop by 2-3 marks each
Do you think it is alright that I drew the molecular shapes in pencil, just in case I got it wrong so I could erase and start again. Will this be a problem?
Original post by Myosin
Anywhere from 49-54

When was it 49?
Original post by ps1265A
When was it 49?

Do you think it was alright drawing the molecular shapes in pencil?
Reply 276
Original post by Dirac321
I didn't realise there was a question on the back of the paper so I missed the whole of the last question. Any thoughts on whether they might disregard the last question? Ridiculous paper formatting, I'm stupidly angry. I think I got about 58/70, had I seen the last question I could have gotten 66/70. Anyone have an idea for the A and B grade boundaries?

same here, I wonder whether there are more candidates with the same problem so that maybe we could appeal?

Really went mad when I realised there's a #7 after the exam.

Ridiculous paper formatting+1:mad:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by qvoRlx
same here, I wonder whether there are more candidates with the same problem so that maybe we could appeal?

Really went mad when I realised there's a #7 after the exam.

Ridiculous paper formatting+1:mad:

Dont they normally have a message like "Turn over for question 7" etc at the bottom of the page??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wondered about this too

Original post by ps1265A
When was it 49?
Original post by randlemcmurphy
Do you think it was alright drawing the molecular shapes in pencil?

I think they'll mark that question by hand rather than scanning it, it should be fine, though you should let your teacher know

Latest

Trending

Trending