The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Any chance of getting into ABB Political Science with BBB?

^^

I'm probably going to miss my offer and get BBB, is it at all possible they'll let me in?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Reply 1
Original post by Bismarck.
^^

I'm probably going to miss my offer and get BBB, is it at all possible they'll let me in?

Are you from a financially deprived background? Are you the first one in your family to go to university?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
^^

It really does depend on whether they have enough places to warrant taking you on with slightly lower grades. One problem with your requirements is the student number caps at ABB. This means that a University would get fined for every student they take on who has grades lower than ABB since ABB is what the government regards as 'high grades'.

So if you get BBB you fall below the cap and the University would get fined for taking you on.

If your offer had been AAB and you got ABB it would have been more likely for them to take you on since it falls within the government cap.

At the end of the day no one can really say. People do get in with lower grades every year but the ABB cap may be to your disadvantage.
Reply 3
Original post by Kasa
Are you from a financially deprived background? Are you the first one in your family to go to university?

Went to the bottom 40% of colleges, high school & yes I am the first to go to university (hopefully :P)
Reply 4
Went to the bottom 40% of colleges, high school & yes I am the first to go to university (hopefully :P)

Apply to the Access to Birmingham Scheme --- it might be too late -- but give it a shot..

They give you a grade lower than what the school is asking, if you satisfy the requirements stipulated above and if you attend an open day, complete a plagiarism test and do an essay, they give you a grade lower.

But this was back in 2008, although I am sure they still run the scheme.
Reply 5
Original post by Kasa
Apply to the Access to Birmingham Scheme --- it might be too late -- but give it a shot..

They give you a grade lower than what the school is asking, if you satisfy the requirements stipulated above and if you attend an open day, complete a plagiarism test and do an essay, they give you a grade lower.

But this was back in 2008, although I am sure they still run the scheme.

Thanks for the advice, but it seems that it's only offered to those in the West Midlands
Reply 6
Thanks for the advice, but it seems that it's only offered to those in the West Midlands

No, my boyfriend's best mate got it and he was from London, according to what he tells me. Give them a call tomorrow and ask.
Reply 7
Original post by Kasa
No, my boyfriend's best mate got it and he was from London, according to what he tells me. Give them a call tomorrow and ask.

Alright I'll make sure to, thanks!
Reply 8
Alright I'll make sure to, thanks!

Good! Let me know how you get on!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending