The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Arrow from the bromide ion to the carbon. Second arrow from C bond to the positive ion?
Original post by kiwiboy527
Jesus Christ I feel sorry for your students. Must love putting them all down too with your irrational bs

It will not be 92 for an A, or over 80 even. Aqa mark schemes are hilarious and people will lose petty marks.

I don't put them down I tell them the truth, and they appreciate it.
Original post by Thestudentreem
I think about that question on Ethene, hydration is obviously the right answer. Also, to the dude who said the nucleophile question, is a base. Aqa are testing on what we know, not throwing tricky questions at us. Anyone, who wrote down fractional distillation or base is just being pedantic.

Also, that question with the mg oh in the fire etc, what was the answer. I wrote some stupid sh*t about there being an incomplete supply of oxygen etc. load of rubbish..

erm im prety sure it was distillation and the information is in the aqa textbook so no AQA was not throwing tricky questions at us
Original post by shibucool
Anyone got something like -104 for the standard enthalpy of formation??

I got -104 aswell:biggrin: Is it right???
Secondary carbocations are less stable due to less positive inductive effect?
Original post by Gcseboy1997
Anyone know if there's an unofficial mark scheme?
Also what was the formula for iron(II) sulphide? Was it Fe3S3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe its just FeS? Fe = +2 / S = -2
Original post by Gcseboy1997
Anyone know if there's an unofficial mark scheme?
Also what was the formula for iron(II) sulphide? Was it Fe3S3?

Not sure, and the formula was;
FeS
Posted from TSR Mobile

Not sure, and the formula was;
FeS
Original post by Thestudentreem
I think about that question on Ethene, hydration is obviously the right answer. Also, to the dude who said the nucleophile question, is a base. Aqa are testing on what we know, not throwing tricky questions at us. Anyone, who wrote down fractional distillation or base is just being pedantic.

Also, that question with the mg oh in the fire etc, what was the answer. I wrote some stupid sh*t about there being an incomplete supply of oxygen etc. load of rubbish..

It was a BASE it said state the role of OH ion, you just outlined the mechanism for an elimination reaction involving the OH ion above that so why would it be nucleophile? Nucleophillic subs was the answer for the later question where you had to draw the arrow.
Original post by birchy97
I believe its just FeS? Fe = +2 / S = -2

Really hope so as that is what I put!
did everyone use Sb to have an oxidation state of +3 so when you made it an oxide it had a formula of Sb2O3?
From the application of Sb2S3?

I got FeS + Sb2S2?
Original post by Laura05Apple

Haha yeah you guys are right I guess it was 3FeS

I have no idea why I wrote Fe3s3 hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yo, will it matter if I've drawn my mechanisms in pencil?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Laura05Apple

It is! What did everyone put for the metal extraction questions?
Original post by ps1265A
Arrow from the bromide ion to the carbon. Second arrow from C bond to the positive ion?

Yeah got this too

Why are you guys getting mad over 1 mark ethanol questions, the mechanisms were 5 marks each that's the highest they've ever been! And that heat change calc was also 5 marks..

Posted from TSR Mobile
did everyone use Sb to have an oxidation state of +3 so when you made it an oxide it had a formula of Sb2O3?
From the application of Sb2S3?

sounds right but the question already gave you the formula of the antimony oxide so you didnt have to work it out :smile:
Original post by ps1265A
I got FeS + Sb2S2?

i'm not too sure then, if it was Sb2O3 surly wouldn't it be Sb2S3 as sulphur and oxygen both have the same oxidation state?
Original post by Micheal123456
I'm sure it said reaction rate rather then reaction time if it said reaction rate then reaction rate will increase!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It said time taken to reach equilibrium.
Unofficial mark scheme anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylann
Yeah got this too

Why are you guys getting mad over 1 mark ethanol questions, the mechanisms were 5 marks each that's the highest they've ever been! And that heat change calc was also 5 marks..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Decolourises and no change?

What did you get for the sulfide equations?
Original post by kashc94
It said time taken to reach equilibrium.

It would decrease

Latest

Trending

Trending