The Student Room Group

LGBT+ Chat XIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mad Vlad
I'm not on Grindr.

Me either. I don't have the guts for a hook up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Infinity_4652
Oh ok, my transition to A2 starts on thursday :biggrin:
2 weeks of A2 and then it's the summer holidays
:colone: Already doing that now! :colone:

So thursday afternoon is my last exam, that means from thursday evening.... I can
-forget about exams and distress Woop!
-play minecraft Why not :P
-watch movies :yy:
-start my EPQ The hell's an EPQ? :dontknow: lol
-self study A2 Good luck! :hugs:
-get a life even though i've never had one :colondollar: Me neither :colondollar:
-think about my gap year Haven't a ****ing clue what I'm going to do if I do a GY. :dontknow: :colondollar:

Thursday :ahee: :awesome:

Congratulations on the badge :biggrin: :ta:

I feel how coming out to them didn't go as well as you were hoping.:hugs: Just give it some more time. Chances are things will get better between you and your parents soon enough :biggrin: :ta: :hugs:

Really tired now, should be going sleep since i have 2 maths exams tomorrow morning :biggrin: Night night/good morning a.k.a. hope you had a good sleep! :goodnight:

Good luck with everything and have fun! :hugs: :smile:

PS: Sorry for the potentially confused and overloaded smileys. I'm on a metaphorical high today. :awesome: :laugh: :smile:

Glad all is well. xx :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
:wavey: how's everyone today? :h:
Original post by crazylemon
Why oh god why? Sorry but the last exam is not the time to start work for the next lot a year away!

:rofl: Although you say that....

If you are into people with twelvety A* and an unconditional to Oxford :sexface:

How have you been anyway? :hugs:

Quite :tongue:

How are you!? :hugs: not seen you around for ayyyyges. I'm... getting by... how's things with you? Finished exams?
Pfft I haven't even started. Summer holidays are for other people :frown:

Going slowly mad at the moment with no one willing to give me Malpractice insurance for an elective. Silly Australians :unimpressed:

Gahhhh. When does it all finish?

Australia!? That sounds pretty neat! How long would you be over there for?
Original post by Arieisit
Me either. I don't have the guts for a hook up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I made a complete *** of myself in the first week of Uni by meeting up with this guy from Grindr... Turns out that he wasn't in it for a hookup, he was just trying to get a feel for the gay scene around there... Which was also my intention, but I might have been trying a bit too hard :P

Never been able to look at him the same way again.

Also - hello all! I've not been around for about eight months, have I? Oops!
Original post by ATMarsden

I just checked... It was 16 months :s-smilie: Oops!
Right, have two meetings this afternoon and may be able to start on some relativity today :yep:
I made a complete *** of myself in the first week of Uni by meeting up with this guy from Grindr... Turns out that he wasn't in it for a hookup, he was just trying to get a feel for the gay scene around there... Which was also my intention, but I might have been trying a bit too hard :P

Never been able to look at him the same way again.

Hello! :smile:

Can you give details about what happened in your encounter? :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! :smile:

Can you give details about what happened in your encounter? :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There wasn't anything much to say... and it was back in September...

But, first of all... I wore a vest top.

Why did I wear a vest top?

[It was one size too small...]

But I met up with him at the CHAPLAINCY CENTRE... Granted, he was just there for the Tea and Toast social... at midnight... [The more I think about this, the weirder it sounds!]... And we chatted and walked back to his house - literally across the road from mine... and then we just chatted for like 2 hours in his kitchen...

He did make it quite clear early on that he wasn't looking for a hookup... which sort of reassured me, because I REALLY can't do hookups...

But when I found out details about the University's LGBT Society, I forwarded the deets along to him...

So yeah. Nothing exciting.

Bloody vest top.
There wasn't anything much to say... and it was back in September...

But, first of all... I wore a vest top.

Why did I wear a vest top?

[It was one size too small...]

But I met up with him at the CHAPLAINCY CENTRE... Granted, he was just there for the Tea and Toast social... at midnight... [The more I think about this, the weirder it sounds!]... And we chatted and walked back to his house - literally across the road from mine... and then we just chatted for like 2 hours in his kitchen...

He did make it quite clear early on that he wasn't looking for a hookup... which sort of reassured me, because I REALLY can't do hookups...

But when I found out details about the University's LGBT Society, I forwarded the deets along to him...

So yeah. Nothing exciting.

Bloody vest top.

That doesn't sound too bad. :smile: Why can't you look in his direction now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That doesn't sound too bad. :smile: Why can't you look in his direction now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because I was wearing a vest top, and I was a bit forward, and I made assumptions... and I dwell too much on things in general :P...

I also have a crush on our former Social Sec of the LGBTSoc, who is the Community Officer for the SU next year.
Original post by Rainbow Student
Good luck with everything and have fun! :hugs: :smile:

PS: Sorry for the potentially confused and overloaded smileys. I'm on a metaphorical high today. :awesome: :laugh: :smile:

Glad all is well. xx :smile:

i like your overuse of smileys :colondollar:

in response to your comments with my list....
-EPQ = extended project qualification. Google it! :biggrin:
-for my gap year, i want to do voluntary work abroad in a francophone country. i'm already an intermediate french speaker and i've got a whole year to improve my french. i haven't done much research yet, but i've found a few organisations which offer gap year opportunities in the french speaking countries of africa. just thought i should tell you because you're not sure what to do in your gap year :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Why oh god why? Sorry but the last exam is not the time to start work for the next lot a year away!

i'm going to take a week off studying first, then i'll start A2 :colondollar:

Spoiler

*hugs*

I wish it wasn't so hard for people - one of my best friends is in a similar boat, and it sucks :/
(edited 9 years ago)

for my gap year, i want to do voluntary work abroad in a francophone country. i'm already an intermediate french speaker and i've got a whole year to improve my french. i haven't done much research yet, but i've found a few organisations which offer gap year opportunities in the french speaking countries of africa. just thought i should tell you because you're not sure what to do in your gap year :biggrin:

Do it!

I wanted to do something or other in a Francophone country (probably France, though, tbh), with a view to maybe taking an induction course in scientific vocabulary, and then attending a French university... But I could never get it to come together...

It would have been so much easier if I'd been able to do French A-Level - but it clashed with Chemistry, which I sort of needed to do... :frown:

Spoiler

*hugs*

I wish it wasn't so hard for people - one of my best friends is in a similar boat, and it sucks :/

*hugs* :hugs: :ta:

Me too. :sadnod: It does suck for us. :/ Hope he/she/they are OK though.:yes: :smile:
i like your overuse of smileys :colondollar:

in response to your comments with my list....
-EPQ = extended project qualification. Google it! :biggrin:
-for my gap year, i want to do voluntary work abroad in a francophone country. i'm already an intermediate french speaker and i've got a whole year to improve my french. i haven't done much research yet, but i've found a few organisations which offer gap year opportunities in the french speaking countries of africa. just thought i should tell you because you're not sure what to do in your gap year :biggrin:

Thank you! :3 :smile:

And that sounds cool, I'm more of a German fan myself, though the complicated language of French is beautiful. :colondollar: Good luck in it all! And have fun too. :yy: :smile:
Thank you! :3 :smile:

And that sounds cool, I'm more of a German fan myself, though the complicated language of French is beautiful. :colondollar: Good luck in it all! And have fun too. :yy: :smile:

Sure is, I've spent the last academic year there :biggrin: Gutted its over if im tbh :frown: Got the chance to go to other countries too (Belgium - lost count of times, Netherlands x 2, Luxembourg x 1 (second time was a gas station, so doesn't count and third time was just on the motorway), Italy - spent a week there in April, Vatican x 1 and Germany x 2 - Berlin was defo the better city, Cologne is nice though. And passed through Switzerland twice on the motorway to/from Italy. If you can, drive through at sunrise, the view of the mountain at 6am is SO SO SO SO Beautiful that it's worth waking up at ridiculous 'o' clock.)

In other news completed 1st part of my image transformation, 2nd will be middle of next week. Not sure what is more radical. My new hairstyle OR my new glasses style. I've had my hairstyle for about 2-3 years, and glasses style since 2009. Finally, manned up to go get an undercut. When she started cutting it looked bad, but when she finished up it's now great :biggrin:.
Original post by Flobie
Your friends are all ok with it aren't they?

Couldn't be more okay. Sorry I haven't replied. Internet broke.

Quick Reply

Latest