The Student Room Group

AS AQA Mathematics Mechanics 1 MPM1 16 June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Aimen_Hassan
For the advantage, I wrote that all the forces can be considered to act from a single point. For the projectile question, I wrote that you must assume that all the forces act in the same vertical plane. I'm not sure if these are right though. I hope they are!

Was so clueless by this stage of the exam (I attempted the Q3 assumption last) that I drivelled about air resistance. It was only one mark though right? I thought it was part of a 2 marker that included a labelled diagram of the forces on the van.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Petrue
Sweet, got 14 as well. (16.8i + 28j) sound familiar?

Yes mate i got dat **** too !!!
Reply 322
Original post by cuckoo99
Yes mate i got dat **** too !!!

Yeah I got that as well :smile:
Comparing it too last years paper- which i think was easier than this i would say the grade boundaries will be pretty similar seeing as they are trying to be tougher on number of A grades.

56or57/75 for an A

49 for a B

im hoping i get a high B as i screwed up the last part of the last question and i screwed up working out AC and V for the boat. + error stupidity factor = about 55/75
Comparing it too last years paper- which i think was easier than this i would say the grade boundaries will be pretty similar seeing as they are trying to be tougher on number of A grades.

56or57/75 for an A

49 for a B

im hoping i get a high B as i screwed up the last part of the last question and i screwed up working out AC and V for the boat. + error stupidity factor = about 55/75
Original post by cuckoo99

56or57/75 for an A

49 for a B

I think I'll get this too. As I'm thinking of applying to Oxford, do you think its worth retaking m1 next year to increase my overall grade in Maths?
for question 7 if you read acceleration wrong and did -0.2i+0.4j would you loose all11 marks
Reply 327
Original post by porters
for question 7 if you read acceleration wrong and did -0.2i+0.4j would you loose all11 marks

The way it was worded made my friends believe it was exactly that. So many people misunderstood it, which must tell AQA that it was a badly worded question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
The way it was worded made my friends believe it was exactly that. So many people misunderstood it, which must tell AQA that it was a badly worded question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hope so :frown: i did the right proccess for the question but got the wrong numbers because of acceleration
Reply 329
Original post by porters
hope so :frown: i did the right proccess for the question but got the wrong numbers because of acceleration

Ah not to worry - given that a lot of others also did that at least it was a common mistake - unlike some of the stupid errors I've concocted over this exam season hahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was really easy this.
Reply 331
Original post by Roberto's dream
Was really easy this.

How so? I'm not having a go - I genuinely don't understand how a person can call an exam "really easy" having not seen the mark scheme or asked the person marking their paper what their mark was. I hate thinking I've done well because I just get my hopes up! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
How so? I'm not having a go - I genuinely don't understand how a person can call an exam "really easy" having not seen the mark scheme or asked the person marking their paper what their mark was. I hate thinking I've done well because I just get my hopes up! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do f maths and physics but this was probably one of the easiest papers I've ever done, and when a paper is 'easy' I get +95 ums like c1 c2 last year
Reply 333
I do f maths and physics but this was probably one of the easiest papers I've ever done, and when a paper is 'easy' I get +95 ums like c1 c2 last year

Are you A2 then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Are you A2 then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah
Reply 335
Yeah

I've only done C1, C2 and M1 this year. Next year I plan on C3, C4, FP1, S1, D1 and either M2 or D2 - would you have any advice or recommendations about these?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The exam was average, close to easy. The past papers I did at home were really hard and I got hard B in all of them, because I couldn't do the last 2 questions of the paper. On today's paper, I feel really confident that I did the majority of the question, so yeah. It wasn't that bad
Original post by CD223
I've only done C1, C2 and M1 this year. Next year I plan on C3, C4, FP1, S1, D1 and either M2 or D2 - would you have any advice or recommendations about these?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You doing 6 units next year?
When finding V(about the boat) did u have to do the cosine rule? ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 339
You doing 6 units next year?

Yeah, I did AS Maths, Physics, Computing and History this year but I will drop History and take up AS Further Maths next year :smile: what units would you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending