The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Original post by starryeyes1103
I am!

Hey, am I right in assuming everyone who has unconditionals know what halls theyll be living in? Or are those who have conditional offers also being told which halls they will have in September?
Slightly confused so Thanks for any help :smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Hi guys, I stayed in swanborough. Going on to my 3rd year now.
If you have any questions about Sussex / accomodation please ask away.

I created a thread here with some brief info on Sussex :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2716473
I've been allocated block 2 of Northfield, am I right in saying each block split into smaller flats? On the map it looked like a large building to me
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RyanHinton95
I've been allocated 016A-1 in block 2 of Northfield, am I right in saying each block split into smaller flats? On the map it looked like a large building to me

There are about 6 - 12 flats in a block with 2 (or maybe three) separate entrances. You'll be in a flat of 6. But with at least two other flats that you can go and knock on their flat door.
Original post by JDZG
Hey, am I right in assuming everyone who has unconditionals know what halls theyll be living in? Or are those who have conditional offers also being told which halls they will have in September?

I think everyone with unconditionals knows and as far as I know people with conditional offers will find out after results day. I'm sure I read that on the residential services website, but I really can't find it on there now :smile:
Original post by JDZG

i have an unconditional and haven't heard anything yet! :frown:
Original post by HayleyMarks
I also got Northfield block 2 :smile: what room are you in? I am 18D-1. Really looking forward to going!

I'm also Northfield block 2! I'm 14D-1. Can't wait!
Original post by hannahm95
i have an unconditional and haven't heard anything yet! :frown:

It seems that, so far, only people that have applied for Swanborough, Brighthelm or Northfield have been notified. Not totally sure though.
Original post by starryeyes1103
How did you work out which block you were in for Northfield? Is it to do with the number after the dash at the end? (if so I'm block 1)

It said in the email attachment that we get the rent reduction for first generation scholars on 1st September, so I don't know if that's when we get the rest of it as well

On the cover letter attachment in the email, open that up and then towards the top of the first page it says residence: then gives details and it said Northfield (Block 2) :smile:

Oh yeah I think I read something about the 1st of September in the end :smile: Thanks!

I also got Northfield block 2 :smile: what room are you in? I am 18D-1. Really looking forward to going!

Awesome! Are you a post-grad or do you have an unconditional offer? Well my thing says 021D-1, I was trying to work out what that mans exactly though! I assume 21 would be the room number, idk what D refers to and is the -1 at the end, which floor you're on?

Someone let me know if they work it out xD
I am an UG! I think the 1 refers to what floor we are on and the other people in my flat are all number 18 but have different letters so A-E. So think the number relates to what flat and the letters for what room you are in. Thats what I think anyway! We will nearly be neighbours then :smile:
I've been allocated Northfield block 02 :biggrin:
I am an UG! I think the 1 refers to what floor we are on and the other people in my flat are all number 18 but have different letters so A-E. So think the number relates to what flat and the letters for what room you are in. Thats what I think anyway! We will nearly be neighbours then :smile:

Ah that definitely makes sense! :biggrin:
Original post by chloemily
Ah that definitely makes sense! :biggrin:

They're right. Flat is number. Letter is room. Genuinely don't remember getting a second number 3 years ago but things change.
Anyone know what York house is like?
Original post by skd1996
Just got my email through!
I'm in Lewes Court - 010C-1
Could anyone explain what this actually means- I gathered it's on the first floor and is in the first block but I don't understand the rest :frown:

You're in flat 10, room C.
I got 13-01 but I thought park houses only have 12 to a floor
Original post by chloemily
Awesome! Are you a post-grad or do you have an unconditional offer? Well my thing says 021D-1, I was trying to work out what that mans exactly though! I assume 21 would be the room number, idk what D refers to and is the -1 at the end, which floor you're on?

Someone let me know if they work it out xD

I think - from a combination of what different people have said - that the first three numbers are your flat number, the letter is which room you are in that flat, and I think the number after the dash might be your floor. I'm pretty sure on the first two parts anyway.

Also I'm in flat 20 (assuming I've worked it out right) so I would think I'm going to be living near you!
Original post by helpme223
I got 13-01 but I thought park houses only have 12 to a floor

Park Houses are big. Pretty sure there's more than 12 to a floor. Think it might be 12 on each corridor or something...
Original post by CHoCoH8r
English lit and media, been studying those subjects since GCSE and I'm ready to step it up now

Your subjects sound so hard to me lol but I bet they're fun, one of those "someday I'll rule England in a way" kind of degrees x)

Yeah but English Lit is so hard so I can't believe you are doing that (good luck!!!)

Yep the aim is to rule the world though :wink:
anyone else been allocated lancaster house?

Latest

Trending

Trending