The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Hey does anyone know if Freshers will be the same for everybody or will it be different depending on which hall you go too?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 641
anyone put Birley Fields as there first choice?
Freshers week is the same for all halls and across the city, w/c 23rd Sep 14.

It would be pointless to stagger them as it's purpose is to allow people to meet across halls, courses and universities
Original post by Raawwwwrrr!
Freshers week is the same for all halls and across the city, w/c 23rd Sep 14.

It would be pointless to stagger them as it's purpose is to allow people to meet across halls, courses and universities

I'n pretty sure UoM is usually the week before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone on here gonna be a little bit older? I've taken two gap years, and doing a foundation year so I'm gonna be three years behind when I start first year! Feel so old :frown:
Also anyone staying in Weston Court? Or Allen Hall which is right next to it? Wouldn't mind mixing with the halls next door!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charlottejm
Anyone on here gonna be a little bit older? I've taken two gap years, and doing a foundation year so I'm gonna be three years behind when I start first year! Feel so old :frown:
Also anyone staying in Weston Court? Or Allen Hall which is right next to it? Wouldn't mind mixing with the halls next door!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 21 and I'm doing a foundation year as well. But I've applied for Oxford court as my halls. I'll be 22 when I start my course properly. Don't worry I know how you feel lol!
Reply 646

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've done one year of university and taken two gap years and now i'm starting back again doing an access year so i'm in the same boat! I'll be in wilmslow park

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm 20, am two years behind everyone else, also doing a foundation year to start off with, have applied for Victoria and Oxford as my first and second though
Original post by lauraaa_w
Oxfords my first choice :smile: Hope I get it FB:https://www.facebook.com/laura.a.white11

Oxford my first choice too! I spoke to someone who lived their last year and they said that it was really good as halls go :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AChris
Well, made Oxford Court my first choice, looking forward to moving and meeting new people. Gonna be an absolute nervous wreck on the first day though :\

I put it as mine too! I'm so nervous for the awkward first conversations :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doing BA Social Care in september, put birley fields as my first choice for accommodation but haven't heard anything yet...
Reply 651
Original post by vogueegirl
I put it as mine too! I'm so nervous for the awkward first conversations :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me too! It's gonna be so strange haha :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry I'm going to be 25! I'm in the Cheshire campus though.
Reply 653
Put in a late application, replied to my offers for History like 2 weeks ago!
(edited 9 years ago)
Is ANYONE doing Popular music and has applied to Booth Halls? I can't seem to find anyone else anywhere.
Reply 655
Original post by BrontaeSM
I'm doing business management and marketing at MMU this year! (Fingers crossed I got the grades!) if you are, maybe we'll have a few classes together!

Hopefully you get your grades and yeah we sure would :smile:
Original post by leady95
Put in a late application, replied to my offers for History like 2 weeks ago!

Just history? Or a foundation year with it?
Original post by vogueegirl
Oxford my first choice too! I spoke to someone who lived their last year and they said that it was really good as halls go :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yay! I'm so frickin excited :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to be 20 three days before I move to uni and I'm doing a foundation year, so I'll be 21 with a load of 18 year olds when I start my first year :frown: I'm staying in Victoria Hall x
Anyone staying in Victoria Hall? Also, International Fashion Promotion with a Foundation year?.... I haven't found anyone that's doing my course yet :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending