The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by NDGAARONDI
I knew someone would mention Heskey. Should have mentioned him being excluded from the start. :colonhash:

Mikel? :holmes:
We've apparently made an enquiry for Rabiot

Where you at 419? :smug:
Original post by The Assassin

Yeah, there is a source on the Metro for it, http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/09/chelsea-make-7million-transfer-offer-for-psg-contract-rebel-adrien-rabiot-4792199/. He is very cheap for £7 million to be fair and has a lot of potential.
I had a look for this after SSN said you signed another attacking midfielder and then realised that they meant you signed Mario Pasalic, (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/07/09/4947297/breaking-news-chelsea-sign-pasalic)
Yeah saw as well

Hope he enjoys his time at Vitesse
Lets hope that if we get Rabiot he doesn't get injured for a long period in his first season for us. That will essentially kill his career.
Who is this Pasalic kid.

Why are we signing kids :s-smilie:
I hope Pasalic has a good time on loan to Vitesse.

Another signing we don't need.
Reply 707
Is this guy gonna play? Is he a CAM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isometrix
Who is this Pasalic kid.

Why are we signing kids :s-smilie:

So you can send him to Vitesse.
Alexis will have a much better season than Hazard. He was forced to change his playing style at Barca. They have had Iniesta, Messi, Neymar to beat players, Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi to make the final pass. Alexis' role was more to do with off the ball movement and finishing (like Pedro), which he had to adapt to, because at Udinese he wasn't a finisher, he was a creator. Despite that his goal return has been pretty decent.

Wenger will get the best out of him. There are a few players at Arsenal that want to dribble high up the pitch, bar Oxlade at times. He will have freedom to do that and completely outshine Hazard, who imo has been nothing but hyped up by Chelsea fans/Belgians. It will take the spotlight off Ozil and help him perform too, so yes I would say our attacking midfield is light-years ahead atm.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
So you can send him to Vitesse.

Yeah Vitesse should be winning Eredivisie at this rate.
Original post by little_tom
Alexis will have a much better season than Hazard. He was forced to change his playing style at Barca. They have had Iniesta, Messi, Neymar to beat players, Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi to make the final pass. Alexis' role was more to do with off the ball movement and finishing (like Pedro), which he had to adapt to, because at Udinese he wasn't a finisher, he was a creator. Despite that his goal return has been pretty decent.

Wenger will get the best out of him. There are a few players at Arsenal that want to dribble high up the pitch, bar Oxlade at times. He will have freedom to do that and completely outshine Hazard, who imo has been nothing but hyped up by Chelsea fans/Belgians. It will take the spotlight off Ozil and help him perform too, so yes I would say our attacking midfield is light-years ahead atm.

You keep on thinking that.

Chelsea were made to play a more defensive style of football due to not having a good central midfield, we have a stronger central midfield than we did last year with Fabregas, which means that the likes of Hazard will be able to move up the pitch more than solely focus on defending.

Also if Ozil is going to play with Sanchez as creators, then who are going to be making the runs for these two players? It's still going to just be Walcott and you'll still be in the same position as last season. Where an injury to Walcott or Ramsey will get rid of majority of your runs.
Original post by Eloades11
I hope Pasalic has a good time on loan to Vitesse.

Another signing we don't need.

Lets be honest here, not every single signing we make is for the first team.

This is a way of us making money, we buy cheap attacking midfielders, loan them out to clubs, big club with money buys them. It's clearly our business model we've been adopting to circumvent FFP. Ulises Davila, Christian Atsu, Marko Marin(who had a decent season at Sevilla) and others.

Chelsea know what they're doing in buying this guy. He costed £3M. He clearly wasn't meant for the first team.
Original post by jam278
Lets be honest here, not every single signing we make is for the first team.

This is a way of us making money, we buy cheap attacking midfielders, loan them out to clubs, big club with money buys them. It's clearly our business model we've been adopting to circumvent FFP. Ulises Davila, Christian Atsu, Marko Marin(who had a decent season at Sevilla) and others.

Chelsea know what they're doing in buying this guy. He costed £3M. He clearly wasn't meant for the first team.

That's the point, we're buying these young players who are never going to play for us, but waiting until they develop and sell for a profit. I don't like the fact that football is turning into a business now, supporting these kinds of transactions. There should be a limit on how many players a club can loan out at a single time.
Original post by Eloades11
That's the point, we're buying these young players who are never going to play for us, but waiting until they develop and sell for a profit. I don't like the fact that football is turning into a business now, supporting these kinds of transactions. There should be a limit on how many players a club can loan out at a single time.

Blame the game, not the players.

Arsenal used to sell their star players so they could keep in line with FFP and pay off a stadium.
United relied on promoting a global brand and winning as many trophies as possible to keep their spending. They also relied on weakening competitors.
Bayern rely on weakening their competitors as much as possible.
Real rely on the government.
Barca rely on the government.
Milan had the prime minister of Italy as their chairman and just happen to be broke the second Italy suffer a financial crisis.

All of these ways are either business models, cheating or anti competitiveness. Arsenal at most are the only team who have a morally sound financial model in terms of football.
Original post by jam278
You keep on thinking that.

Chelsea were made to play a more defensive style of football due to not having a good central midfield, we have a stronger central midfield than we did last year with Fabregas, which means that the likes of Hazard will be able to move up the pitch more than solely focus on defending.

In the bigger games Chelsea played a more defensive style of football, which wont change next season either, Mourinho is going to continue playing his unattractive brand of football in the bigger games because it gets him results, wouldn't even matter if you had a midfield trio of Zidane, Pirlo and Beckenbauer. You would still play counter-attacking football.

Fabregas was signed for the smaller games because Chelsea are ironically **** at unlocking parked buses. Hazard's performances in these smaller games have at times been equally average, even when he doesn't need to track back.

Also if Ozil is going to play with Sanchez as creators, then who are going to be making the runs for these two players? It's still going to just be Walcott and you'll still be in the same position as last season. Where an injury to Walcott or Ramsey will get rid of majority of your runs.

I never said Sanchez will play as a creator. He wont. He has learnt a great deal at Barcelona with his off the ball movement and finishing, coming off his best season wrt goals. He will score & create goals for us.

Funny thing is that Mourinho would probably rather have Sanchez than Hazard.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by little_tom
In the bigger games Chelsea played a more defensive style of football, which wont change next season either, Mourinho is going to continue playing his unattractive brand of football in the bigger games because it gets him results, wouldn't even matter if you had a midfield trio of Zidane, Pirlo and Beckenbauer. You would still play counter-attacking football.

Fabregas was signed for the smaller games because Chelsea are ironically **** at unlocking parked buses. Hazard's performances in these smaller games have at times been equally average, even when he doesn't need to track back.

Our bad football isn't because of the usage of counter attack, I have nothing wrong with us playing on the counter attack, I have a problem with our attacking play when we have the ball against parked buses. We rely on moments of brilliance than quality attacking play. That's why we are going to use Fabregas.

Our problem was the lack of a good CM, so we couldn't dictate the game to the right tempo and it left us disjointed with a defensive 6 and an attacking 4. Fabregas will transition the defence to attack which will help us a great deal.

In fact I was more annoyed with the way we played against the smaller teams when we were in possession than us defending all game.
I never said Sanchez will play as a creator. He wont. He has learnt a great deal at Barcelona with his off the ball movement and finishing, coming off his best season wrt goals. He will score & create goals for us.

Funny thing is that Mourinho would probably rather have Sanchez than Hazard.

Firstly, you're going to play him on LW, where he was considered pretty poor for Barca when he played there. I assume that he and Ozil will drift in matches, which again will cause the problem of too many players playing in a congested place, if Walcott is gone, I reckon Wenger will still play the same tactics as last season, you'll still lack good runners(as Wenger will not use Sanchez as one). Since pretty much the time you switched to a 3/5 man midfield you've been using a creator on the left hand side. Nasri, Cazorla and now Sanchez. I forgot who you used to play left wing before Nasri(Rosicky possibly). But it's been a feature of his sides to have a creator on the left wing.

You've bought Sanchez as a creator, not as a runner. He can do both, but Wenger's tactics will probably make him focus on the creating side more.

Also Mourinho would probably take Hazard. He helps a lot with our play, majority of the play goes through him, Hazard has Torres and Oscar to play with, Sanchez had Messi to play with. Regardless of tactics, playing with a useless **** ain't going to help. You'll see his performances dip from his last season at Barca, like Ozil.
Reply 717
Original post by The Assassin

First Mikel, then omeruo, then cesc, now this........

obviously someone at your clubs hates me

probably miel
Original post by 419
First Mikel, then omeruo, then cesc, now this........

obviously someone at your clubs hates me

probably miel

Nah the Fabregas transfer was all down to Musester getting one over Zurich.
How do people think our players (especially the Brazilians) are gonna react to the World Cup?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest