The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 680
Doing Digital Media/Marketing and staying Cambridge, what's everyone else saying?
(edited 9 years ago)
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 681
So I'm doing biology with a foundation year and year abroad so my course is gonna be 5 years overall.. :/ may end up regretting that decision, or it may be my best.
Reply 682
Original post by AChris
So I'm doing biology with a foundation year and year abroad so my course is gonna be 5 years overall.. :/ may end up regretting that decision, or it may be my best.

I'm doing the same I think most of my friends thought that I had lost the plot when I told them I was doing a 5 year degree
Reply 683
Original post by ajbrid
I'm doing the same I think most of my friends thought that I had lost the plot when I told them I was doing a 5 year degree

Yeah mine too, kinda nervous about it being so long though, and the year abroad should be amazing :biggrin: and at least I'm not the only one
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 684
Original post by rturnbull94
I was planning moving down on the 20th :smile:

Yh that's right it is the 20th I called them up that's what they said haha :smile:
Just realised we have to pay a deposit of £100
Reply 685
Original post by Joshy96
20th September I think!

Different halls may have different moving in dates though :smile:

Yh your right, it is 20th I called them up they said my course doesn't start on 17th that's a mistake ucas made :smile: thank you👍👍
Reply 686
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas.. I'm starting at mmu this year but I'm staying home cause I drive and it would only be about a 20 min drive to uni. I'm obviously going to freshers but I was wondering what people do who are staying at home? Because obviously people who stay in the halls etc go out with their new flat mates etc but as I'm living at home I won't know anyone until I start my course a week later when freshers is over? Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LJVBx
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas.. I'm starting at mmu this year but I'm staying home cause I drive and it would only be about a 20 min drive to uni. I'm obviously going to freshers but I was wondering what people do who are staying at home? Because obviously people who stay in the halls etc go out with their new flat mates etc but as I'm living at home I won't know anyone until I start my course a week later when freshers is over? Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go on the mmu freshers Facebook page and ask people who are on your course? Then you can meet up with them during freshers. Plus you'll know them before your course starts
Do I have to ring up to find if I've been accepted for my chosen hall? I'm so confused, I haven't received an email!?
Original post by Oliviargh
Heyy! I'll be staying in victoria hall! Doing photography though! :smile: x

I'm staying in victoria hall, also doing photography :smile:x
Original post by LJVBx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have exactly the same issue I am also going to MMU and staying home because I live in Stockport so I have good transport direct to Uni =) I was also thinking about that issue but I really want to go to freshers week but I don't know how it will be like to meet new people there and I am 23, not eighteen like most people (I think most people might be younger than me) which course are you doing? =) I am doing Psychology!
Reply 691
Original post by veralucia91
I have exactly the same issue I am also going to MMU and staying home because I live in Stockport so I have good transport direct to Uni =) I was also thinking about that issue but I really want to go to freshers week but I don't know how it will be like to meet new people there and I am 23, not eighteen like most people (I think most people might be younger than me) which course are you doing? =) I am doing Psychology!

Exactly!! I've no idea what to do really.. I'm 19 nearly 20 but I doubt it'll make a difference you're not exactly old are you haha!! And I'm doing fashion buying and merchandising! We need people to meet up with or go there with don't we haha n

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 692
*no idea how! I might just have to tag along somehow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anabelmcdonald
I'm staying in victoria hall, also doing photography :smile:x

Hi there! :biggrin: nice to see I won't be alone :biggrin:x
Original post by BrontaeSM
Do I have to ring up to find if I've been accepted for my chosen hall? I'm so confused, I haven't received an email!?

Think they start by allocated people with an unconditional firm, I have an unconditional offer and I've firmed with MMU, got an email through on Friday so it's really early days yet they've only just started sending them so I wouldn't panic yet!

I'm also 23 so I wouldn't worry about being old Veralucia91 - I'm reckoning on the majority of people being younger than me too but I'm not totally past it yet!
Hey! I'm moving down from Newcastle in September to do an education degree. Is anyone else going into their first year? Soooo exciting!!!
With a foundation year or just the degree ??
Anyone doing history but with the foundation year first ?? I'm wanting to fund people before uni starts :smile:
Original post by Beth_w1
Hey! I'm moving down from Newcastle in September to do an education degree. Is anyone else going into their first year? Soooo exciting!!!

I'm moving from Newcastle too! What halls are you staying in? Also, when are you going down? :smile:
Original post by LJVBx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm living at home to, was wonder the same!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending