The Student Room Group

Want to apply for aerospace engineering but have no work experience

Hi im in year 12 so applying this year for uni and wanna do aerospace engineering, but this has only been a recent decision as my whole life my parents have pushed me into medicine. But the problem is have no work experience for engineering, and havent been to any taster days and now to get most of this stuff its too late and i dont know what to do? Anybody have any suggestions
What sort of experience could you possibly get? Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think work experience is a necessity for this course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You really don't need work experience for degrees other than medicine (correct me if I'm wrong).
Original post by animefreak
Hi im in year 12 so applying this year for uni and wanna do aerospace engineering, but this has only been a recent decision as my whole life my parents have pushed me into medicine. But the problem is have no work experience for engineering, and havent been to any taster days and now to get most of this stuff its too late and i dont know what to do? Anybody have any suggestions

You don't need any sort of work experience to get into an engineering degree, so just apply anyway.
Just to echo the others, work experience really isn't necessary fir engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there,

I didn't have any relevant work experience, i didn't go to any taster days, open days, nothing. I didn't even do any engineering lessons in school (just Maths/Physics etc.). I still received 5 offers though, so don't worry about it, you should be just fine.
You can barely get work experience at this age for engineering unless you are really lucky anyways , so don't worry about it
Reply 7
Original post by _Morsey_
Hi there,

I didn't have any relevant work experience, i didn't go to any taster days, open days, nothing. I didn't even do any engineering lessons in school (just Maths/Physics etc.). I still received 5 offers though, so don't worry about it, you should be just fine.

so in your personal statemnet what did you write about because i have nothing related to engineering i can even talk about?
I did do 1 week work experience at a hospital but cant really link that into engineering
so in your personal statemnet what did you write about because i have nothing related to engineering i can even talk about?
I did do 1 week work experience at a hospital but cant really link that into engineering

I talked about what i've read, what i've seen in the news, in articles etc. the things that got me interested in the aerospace aspect of it. Fortunately i had done an investigation on Aerospace in Wales and France for my Welsh Baccalaureate, so i commented on that. I mentioned about Physics and the certain parts of the course which i enjoy most.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending