The Student Room Group

Why are people paying their respects to Hitler on Facebook?

As the title says, I've noticed that a lot of people on my friend list are sharing photos saying that Hitler was great and other bull**** like that. Honestly, it makes me really mad. I mean I'm Muslim and most of my friends are Muslim as well, and I get where they're coming from by doing this- they're mad at Israel. I mean I'm Muslim too and I'm extremely depressed for my Muslim brothers and sisters in Palestine and what's happening to them as well, but really? Saying Hitler was great because of that? Hitler was a tyrant and I'm sure most people will agree with me.
The said posts on Facebook are as follows-
Hitler 'the Great' had allegedly said, 'I would have killed all the Jews of the world, but I kept some to show the world why I killed them'.
I seriously do not get this.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Why is this in friends, family and work? :lolwut:

Anyhoo, Let ignorants be ignorants. :yy:
Reply 2
Lolll. Just needed to rant somewhere and didn't really care where it was. Been getting posts like this in my news feed a lot lately and lost my cool when I saw the latest one. Haha :colondollar:
Original post by Anonymous
As the title says, I've noticed that a lot of people on my friend list are sharing photos saying that Hitler was great and other bull**** like that. Honestly, it makes me really mad. I mean I'm Muslim and most of my friends are Muslim as well, and I get where they're coming from by doing this- they're mad at Israel. I mean I'm Muslim too and I'm extremely depressed for my Muslim brothers and sisters in Palestine and what's happening to them as well, but really? Saying Hitler was great because of that? Hitler was a tyrant and I'm sure most people will agree with me.
Hitler 'the Great' had allegedly said, 'I would have killed all the Jews of the world, but I kept some to show the world why I killed them'.

Because Hitler killed millions of Jews. Today, Zionism is a cancer in the religion of Judaism. But what people don't get is that Zionism is NOT Judaism, so insulting a whole people in a religion because of Zionism is complete ignorance. I of course support Palestine too, because the face of Zionism is evil and barbaric. People are so stupid really, I've seen this too. They should be saying things like 'Zionism is like Nazism' instead of praising a mass murderer like Hitler. I've seen plenty of Jews that are against Israel's actions and stand up for a free Palestine.
Maybe because today marks the famous Hitler assassination attempt which happened on July 20 1944.
Because Hitler killed millions of Jews. Today, Zionism is a cancer in the religion of Judaism. But what people don't get is that Zionism is NOT Judaism, so insulting a whole people in a religion because of Zionism is complete ignorance. I of course support Palestine too, because the face of Zionism is evil and barbaric. People are so stupid really, I've seen this too. They should be saying things like 'Zionism is like Nazism' instead of praising a mass murderer like Hitler. I've seen plenty of Jews that are against Israel's actions and stand up for a free Palestine.

By the way, to add to my above post, it's not just Muslims living in Palestine. Christians live there too and deserve an equal amount of recognition and support as the Muslims living there do. We're all human at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what religion you are, or what religion the victims are. You don't need to be a certain religion to stand up for the oppressed.

:smile:
Reply 6
Well its a over correction on part of people angry at isreali blood lust
. We see this all time after the murder of lee rigby plenty of anti muslim abuse on facebook

hitler was evil but many people only remember him for being against jews and jewish bolsheviks and businesses.

Its wrong but the far bigger issue is educated people who support the terrorist state of isreal not mindless yobs
(edited 9 years ago)
Through despising Zionism, they ignorantly turn against Jews. Not all Zionists are Jews, and not all Jews are Zionists.

The irony of it all is there is not much difference between Israels treatment of Palestinians and how Jews were treated by Nazi's.

Israel uses propaganda to cover up the ill treatment of Palestinians, to steal land and build settlements upon it, forcing refugees to take shelter in a densely populated space where they are continuously bombed and infrastructure is destroyed all in the name of "defense", as well as closed borders, high prison walls erected, generally controlled imports/medical aid.. and promoting a sense of inferiority amongst Palestinians. Meanwhile they continue to push the lie of the Palestinians are living "freely", much the same way that Nazi's did when they sent Jews to concentration camps.

The Israelis my continue to doubt it, but they have become the very thing they claim to be defending against - Intolerance.
Reply 8
This is why history should be compulsory through to age 16.
He's no more of a racist or evil than Winston Churchill. :smile:Hitler's a lied about man and their 6 million holocaust is nothing more than a psy-op. There's not been a single document that talks of exterminating Jews found.Jews occupy Britain, look at Miliband and Cameron for starters.
(edited 9 years ago)

I weep for humanity and wish there was a hell so that those who praise genocide have somewhere to go after they die.
I think in some ways the Nazi's were merely used to force the Jews out of Europe and create Israel. Nazi's were in full support of the Jewish state at the beginning and actually helped deport Jews in the 30's. There's lots of photo evidence out there of Nazi's in Palestine. Something happened though if you read Hitler's speech on Palestine does that sound like someone who supported it? I think they realised that Jews having Israel would not solve the Jewish problem. The Jews have been been subverting that is destroying western society with the likes of feminism and multicultural.
Reply 12
You can't blame them can you?
I saw aa family member post this the other day. Needless to say, they were blocked immediately. Can't be dealing with stupid people posting that kinda crap on my Facebook newsfeed lol.

There's a lot of ignorance out there...
Original post by Roger1
You can't blame them can you?

...Yes, because you can't defend one kind of genocide with another. :lolwut:
Yeah I've seen a lot of Muslims commenting on FB along the lines that Hitler should've finished the job and that all Jews should be gassed.

And then they try to pontificate about the evil of Israel and the sad thing is they probably don't realise how hypocritical they're being.
Reply 16
Original post by tania<3
...Yes, because you can't defend one kind of genocide with another. :lolwut:

You can't and I wasn't defending those comments.
Reply 17
I am going to go out on a limb and say I don't think Hitler said that quote :tongue:
Well the leadership of Gaza is antisemitic and fascist, much like Hitler. Anybody who protests for Palestine but does not protest against Hamas, may as well be pro-Hitler for all intents and purposes.
By the way, to add to my above post, it's not just Muslims living in Palestine. Christians live there too and deserve an equal amount of recognition and support as the Muslims living there do. We're all human at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what religion you are, or what religion the victims are. You don't need to be a certain religion to stand up for the oppressed.

:smile:

Well said, it is not about religions or faiths, it is about recognising injustice and oppression and not accepting it regardless of who does it. Even if your own people do it.

But sadly these days no one really cares about human life in a world that is increasingly turning to violence to solve its problems.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending