The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

IS 7600 per year enough?

i will be receiving 7600 for myself, however my accommodation is 5,500 alone which would leave me with 2100 but that only leaves me with 50 a week for food and stuff.

Is that enough? (will be living and studying in UWE in bristol)

Cheers
When you say 50 for 'food and stuff' what do you mean by 'stuff'. Are your utility bills included in the cost of the accommodation?
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
When you say 50 for 'food and stuff' what do you mean by 'stuff'. Are your utility bills included in the cost of the accommodation?

Sorry for that, yes all the utility bills are included in the cost of the accommodation.
Yeah should be enough for the basics - I would get a p/t job if you want to go out partying etc
You will need a part time job. I've managed to get my spending down that low and it covers the basics of food. if you want to enjoy it you should get a part time job. nobody I have known has had a big deal with doing that in Bristol though.
Reply 5
thank for the help

but im not really the party kind of guy and i don't drink or smoke
so apart from food and going to the cinema once a month i wont be going anywhere else

also wont a part-time job interfere with studies?
£7.6k is a **** load, however, you're spending a fortune on accommodation, could you not get something cheaper?

Also you could do like the rest of us and get a part time job.
Original post by dray1480
thank for the help

but im not really the party kind of guy and i don't drink or smoke
so apart from food and going to the cinema once a month i wont be going anywhere else

also wont a part-time job interfere with studies?

No.
i will be receiving 7600 for myself, however my accommodation is 5,500 alone which would leave me with 2100 but that only leaves me with 50 a week for food and stuff.

Is that enough? (will be living and studying in UWE in bristol)

Cheers

UWE halls accommodation is too much money IMHO but I guess you're paying for bills included and being around other students.
£50 quid a week is plenty if you know how to stretch it, if you go to any supermarket and go to the reduced isle you can get so much food cheaper.
Reply 9
Original post by Dopaminergic
UWE halls accommodation is too much money IMHO but I guess you're paying for bills included and being around other students.
£50 quid a week is plenty if you know how to stretch it, if you go to any supermarket and go to the reduced isle you can get so much food cheaper.

i know it is but i wanted something close to uni so i was forced to get the 5,500 accommodation anyhow thanks for the tips.

but i have applied for 2000 a year bursary so i will get 100 a week if i get the bursary
Reply 10
Original post by Last Day Lepers
£7.6k is a **** load, however, you're spending a fortune on accommodation, could you not get something cheaper?

Also you could do like the rest of us and get a part time job.

its kinda too late ive already accepted it
its kinda too late ive already accepted it

Could you not ask if there are any cheaper rooms available. There's no harm in asking, you never know, you might find something a lot cheaper.

Failing that, £50 a week is a lot of money. I have a part time job and I live on just a little more than that and I survive. If you were to get a part time job you'd be loaded.

You'll be fine, just learn to budget and stick to it. :smile:
You definitely have enough. I don't understand how anyone can say you don't! I'm on a gap year but most of my friends are living off £1000. My accommodation is going to be 200 or 600 more than my loan (minimum) depending on which one I get, so I'll be funded solely from a part time job and savings. You're fine.
Reply 13
My accommodation is £1,300 more than my loan amount and I'm not getting any help from ANYWHERE. Really sad and i'll be getting a job for definite. I wouldn't worry too much about it. We'll all probably be having fun regardless and learn to budget the money.
Plus if you really fall in hard times i've been advised there are places to go for help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest