The Student Room Group

Consultancy internship applications - Day to day work?

Hi :smile:

I'm applying to different consultancy firms in the hope of getting an internship. Currently, I'm applying to Deloitte, and one of the first questions is what YOU think you will be doing day to day. After trawling the internet, I found little in the way of answering this question.

Can anyone enlighten (previous interns?) me on what consulting interns do at their time with a company (specifically big four & big three & Deloitte)? Also, while I'm at it, is being paid the norm? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
J
Reply 1
Original post by TheCableman

I'm applying to different consultancy firms in the hope of getting an internship. Currently, I'm applying to Deloitte, and one of the first questions is what YOU think you will be doing day to day. After trawling the internet, I found little in the way of answering this question.

Can anyone enlighten (previous interns?) me on what consulting interns do at their time with a company (specifically big four & big three & Deloitte)? Also, while I'm at it, is being paid the norm? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
J

Paid - yes usually. Also Deloitte is part of the "big four" (not overly clear from post, but sounds like you had them separate).

I'll leave it to others to talk about the day to day work - I'm not sure!
Original post by TheCableman

Thanks,
J

Mind if I ask you what uni and course you do?
Reply 3
Sure no problem.

I'm at Oxford doing PPE. :smile:

Awesome, that's great that it's paid. In the end I just put some rubbish about expecting to be trained, networking, and working with clients. Haha, hope I'm right!

Thanks for the responses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending