The Student Room Group

PPE vs. History and Politics for a diplomat?

I did my research on both, and I know a lot of people already asked about them. However, the difference here is that my dream is not being president or prime-minister. Instead, I'd love to be a diplomat/ambassador, representing Brazil (my country). I'm also aware that PPE is extremely prestigious and some say History and Politics is very "euro-centered". So which one would be best? Any feedback is welcome.

Thank you for your time.
Reply 1
Original post by Fernand126
I did my research on both, and I know a lot of people already asked about them. However, the difference here is that my dream is not being president or prime-minister. Instead, I'd love to be a diplomat/ambassador, representing Brazil (my country). I'm also aware that PPE is extremely prestigious and some say History and Politics is very "euro-centered". So which one would be best? Any feedback is welcome.

Thank you for your time.

Whether your BA is in History and Politics or PPE will make no difference whatsoever.
Reply 2
Original post by Fernand126

Thank you for your time.

History is pretty 'Euro-centered' to be honest, in terms of the 1914-1945 General Paper at least. However, there is almost always one Latin America question that you could tackle in your exam. Your Special Subject and Further Subject choices, plus your final thesis, would give you other opportunities to specialize.
Reply 3
I know a girl who did PPE and was a British diplomat in China.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending