The Student Room Group

The Graduate Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Interview then rejection. Then interview. Then rejection. The cycle is annoying me now :erm:
Yes I've been there. No feedback on why then?
Didn't get the job :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by donutaud15

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:
Are you applying for other jobs?
Original post by TheCareersGuy

Is the question meant for everybody? (No quote so bit confused)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is the question meant for everybody? (No quote so bit confused)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah sorry, meant for SlowBro93.
Ugh it's the length of applications that kill me. I get half way through and when they ask for my CV I'm like great, then they ask for the same things that are on my CV. Just read my CV!
Original post by lyrical_lie
Ugh it's the length of applications that kill me. I get half way through and when they ask for my CV I'm like great, then they ask for the same things that are on my CV. Just read my CV!

Yeh isn't that annoying. Some systems cleverly sweep your CV for the info and auto populate the form.
Original post by lyrical_lie

Find that annoying too, I completed an application where you upload your CV at the start and then they take you to a separate form for education and then one for experience and then one for references.
That's the think about job hunting. The filling out of applications is so tiring and boring. I'm kind of dreading graduation as people will inevitably ask me what I'm doing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear :frown: can you get any feedback? And getting to the assessment center in the first place was an achievement in itself!
Original post by Who?Knows
That's the think about job hunting. The filling out of applications is so tiring and boring. I'm kind of dreading graduation as people will inevitably ask me what I'm doing :/

Sorry to hear :frown: can you get any feedback? And getting to the assessment center in the first place was an achievement in itself!

I've emailed them but no reply so far. I keep telling myself that but was really gutted. Damn aptitude tests made me panic :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
One year on from graduation. RG uni, 2.1 in Law. Still getting nowhere. Admittedly I have had long time periods of inertia but the amount of applications I have made is many. Many many.

My technique with regards to the applications has improved and I have been getting interviews. But at the moment I am getting nothing.
Honestly don't have a clue what kind of job interests me or where I should start looking. Just looked through 37 pages of job advertisements on the site linked to my uni and I didn't find one that I could apply for. The few that actually looked interesting all had requirements I didn't have (e.g a full drivers license, related experience, degree in a particular subject or certain GCSE grades).

Everyone i've spoken to says my CV is perfect, but what difference does that make if I can't find anything to apply for. I'm already losing the will to live and it's been one day.

Yep, signing up to a temping agency and still applying for FT jobs, one place waiting for feedback but the other two it was that I wasn't right for the job. Working on that so I come off better at interview :smile:
Original post by Slowbro93
Yep, signing up to a temping agency and still applying for FT jobs, one place waiting for feedback but the other two it was that I wasn't right for the job. Working on that so I come off better at interview :smile:

OK good - sounds like a plan. Great you got some feedback too to build on..
OK good - sounds like a plan. Great you got some feedback too to build on..

Thanks :h: I realised I could do two things. Either have a pity party or do something about it :tongue:
Original post by Hugs31
Find that annoying too, I completed an application where you upload your CV at the start and then they take you to a separate form for education and then one for experience and then one for references.

Yea but even then I never think they really work.

Well I went around Glasgow yesterday handing out CVs everywhere for something to keep me going til something comes up. There's a job at Robert Gordon Uni I'd really want, it's all international and shizz.But I'm probably not experienced enough :frown:

Also going to the job centre tomorrow. :eek:!
Original post by Slowbro93
Thanks :h: I realised I could do two things. Either have a pity party or do something about it :tongue:

Great stuff!
Bad news. The job I had with a family member has officially come to an end so now I am truly unemployed. It wasn't much hours in the first place but it was something to break the monotony. Considering returning to volunteer work.

I've emailed them but no reply so far. I keep telling myself that but was really gutted. Damn aptitude tests made me panic :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't get me started on aptitude tests :tongue:

Quick Reply