The Student Room Group

Disappointed student needs help with types of college assessment for Econ and more!

Hello everyone! My name is George and I am student from Romania who has applied last year to study Economics. I've been rejected by Oxford (ruined my TSA because of emotions) and LSE and I've ended up being accepted by UCL to study Economics and Business with East European Studies.

I've just received my examination results these days and I think I have the necessary grades to apply to Cambridge. I've emailed them and I am waiting for a reply. (I have done the Romanian Baccalaureate)

So I am very sad and disappointed by the fact that I've ended up at UCL after so much effort and pain that I've been through and I would like to reapply this fall only to Cambridge to Economics.

I need help with choosing a college. What do these types of assessment exactly mean?

-preparatory study at interview
-test at interview
-Mathematics test at interview
-written test at interview

If anyone could give me further information about Downing's Mathematics test at interview I would be very grateful. I think that my best types of assessment would be an open discussion at interview and a Maths test.

Thank you for your help!
Reply 1
Original post by ^ForTheDream^
Hello everyone! My name is George and I am student from Romania who has applied last year to study Economics. I've been rejected by Oxford (ruined my TSA because of emotions) and LSE and I've ended up being accepted by UCL to study Economics and Business with East European Studies.

I've just received my examination results these days and I think I have the necessary grades to apply to Cambridge. I've emailed them and I am waiting for a reply. (I have done the Romanian Baccalaureate)

So I am very sad and disappointed by the fact that I've ended up at UCL after so much effort and pain that I've been through and I would like to reapply this fall only to Cambridge to Economics.

I need help with choosing a college. What do these types of assessment exactly mean?

-preparatory study at interview
-test at interview
-Mathematics test at interview
-written test at interview

If anyone could give me further information about Downing's Mathematics test at interview I would be very grateful. I think that my best types of assessment would be an open discussion at interview and a Maths test.

Thank you for your help!

I think most of this question has been answered in a different thread. However I hope you do understand that you cannot start at UCL & then apply to Cambridge. You would have to withdraw from UCL and start again. If you don't get an offer you won't have anywhere to go if you only apply to Cambridge. Even if your grades meet the threshold for applying you won't be guaranteed a offer- the success rate is around 15% for Economics and virtually all all applicants whether successful or not will expect to exceed the minimum offer.
Don't underestimate UCL. It is a good university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending