The Student Room Group

RAF OASC 19th August 2014

Hi.
Il be heading up to RAF Cranwell on the 19th for OASC.
Wondering if there is anyone on TSR who will be going on that date as well.
Also would be interesting to know what y'all have applied for.

cheers

Scroll to see replies

You goin for cbat? Or part 2? I've got cbat on the 5th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Damn, im on the 17th OASC. Hopefully, if i've made it to the last day, ill probably see you on your way in. I've applied for pilot
Reply 3
@jebbadiah, I am going for Part Two. Good luck with your CBAT.

@Jannisjr, Congrats on getting through to OASC, how is your prep going?

Anyone else out there? It would be nice to know some people beforehand.
Reply 4
Interview prep is going ok, as is the S/D/T and planning prep. I've spent 8 months prepping this because I failed my first application, so its become routine now. The main thing is that I remember all the stuff I knew during my first interview.

I'm in that stage of being really excited and terrified at the same time. I've been at it for so long. Its the last hurdle.
Reply 5
*last hurdle before getting my foot in the door.

It's pretty much weekly hurdles after that
Reply 6
Hi,

I am not having an OASC selection on the 19th August, however I did mine in Jun 14 (last month) and I have been put on a list for further consideration. I believe some people call this the SIFT. I applied for the Personnel Branch. Good Luck. What have you applied for?
Reply 7
@jannisjr, pretty much the same as yourself just learning sdt as much as possible and keeping up to date with the news.

@ Teay congrats on getting all the way through. I hope it comes out positive for you after such a long journey. I have applied for Intelligence.
Reply 8
Hopefully I will get a positive answer and I will need to work very hard during IOT. Let me know how you did. I tried to be more composed before and during the interview but I was so nervous. all the way through. I hope it comes out positive for you after such a long journey. I have applied for Personnel Branch
Reply 9
@Teay pm'ed you

cheers
Hi all,

I'm heading up to OASC for my board on the 12th August. Concentrating on ignoring all nerves and just becoming extremely excited for it now. Revision is coming along nicely with several post it notes dotted all around the house :colondollar:

Good luck to everyone. Teay, that must be a horrible wait for you but best of luck when the letter does eventually turn up on the door step - rumour tells me they tend to send letters out on Fridays so I'd be sitting at the door step waiting to bite the postman's hand off like a dog on Saturday morning if I were you!

Cheers,
Stu
i've been TMU'd at my capita health medical :frown: All resolvable stuff, but it's gonna set me back to a mid-September OASC.
Sorry to hear that Jannis, do you know why? I assume you do due to the fact you said it's all resolvable stuff. I'm yet to hear whether my medical has been passed through to Cranwell.

When you went for your Capita medical did they ask you for more information from your GP?
Yeah, and turns out ive got white coat syndrome - my blood pressure was high and my heart beat was a little erratic. I've gotta get it all squared with my GP as proof, and also they have to release some information about an operation I had when I was about 6. Nothing that could bar me from service, but a pain in the arse.
Hey!

New to the site but I'll be at OASC on 12th August.

Good luck everyone!
Original post by plasticllama
Hey!

New to the site but I'll be at OASC on 12th August.

Good luck everyone!

Fantastic, I'll see you there! Have you had news from Capita that you've passed your medical at all? Good luck and I look forward to meeting you. How is your revision coming along?
Original post by stuartm010
Fantastic, I'll see you there! Have you had news from Capita that you've passed your medical at all? Good luck and I look forward to meeting you. How is your revision coming along?

Yeah they told me there and then that everything was fine, and the AFCO wouldn't book me on to OASC until I had passed it.
Maybe they do it differently at different offices.

Revision is plentiful, can't wait to get it over with so I can stop studying for a while lol. Though it seems I'm not amazing at the planning exercises so practicing those!
How about yourself?
Oh right fair enough, Capita required a couple of bits from the GP regarding childhood hay fever and a few fractures that I've had, so I'm waiting to hear back, but I'm not sure if I'll hear anything at all, or just to assume it's gone through and obviously turn up at Cranwell on the day.

To be honest, I quite enjoy revising the RAF side of things, compared to doing University revision. Yeah planning exercises certainly require a lot of practice, I often manage to figure out a good plan, but normally takes just over the time limit so need to concentrate on those over the next week and a half.

I've been concentrating a lot on remembering IOT and Flying Training as they were the two main things I had a bit of a memory blank with in the filter interview.
Reply 18
Hi everyone,

I'll be heading to Cranwell on August 16th for CBAT.

If anyone is about/has any tips on what to revise please let me know

Thanks
Original post by yoko64
Hi everyone,

I'll be heading to Cranwell on August 16th for CBAT.

If anyone is about/has any tips on what to revise please let me know

Thanks

Hi,

I did mine earlier this year, I would just say don't give up while you're doing them. It's an arduous day and part way through I was convinced that I was doing rubbish and wasn't going to pass, turns out I did and with decent marks.
So stay positive the whole way through, work hard and take the breaks - you'll need the refresher.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest