The Student Room Group

Secondary English PGCE Courses - How many places?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to apply for Secondary English PGCE courses for 2015 entry, and I was wondering how many places are generally available on these courses. I realise that this changes every year depending on circumstances, and is different for every university. I'm also aware that it is quite likely that it might be impossible to determine. However, if anybody has any knowledge of this (for example, if they are currently on such a course and would therefore have some idea), I would really appreciate it!

The courses I'm looking at in particular are at Cambridge, Roehampton, Oxford and Bristol.

Thanks in advance!!
Original post by MuchAdoAbout
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to apply for Secondary English PGCE courses for 2015 entry, and I was wondering how many places are generally available on these courses. I realise that this changes every year depending on circumstances, and is different for every university. I'm also aware that it is quite likely that it might be impossible to determine. However, if anybody has any knowledge of this (for example, if they are currently on such a course and would therefore have some idea), I would really appreciate it!

The courses I'm looking at in particular are at Cambridge, Roehampton, Oxford and Bristol.

Thanks in advance!!

Funding was taken away from many pgce courses and given to school direct places instead last year. However, when I was looking the highest amount of places was 15. On average there were about 10. As you said though this will change every year.
There were 25 places last year when I got on mine.

This year there's 7. Yes 7, PGCE places for Secondary English.

As Shelly said, the Government are moving towards Schools Direct which is contentious and a bit messy at the moment from what I've read and heard.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending