The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meaty_man
Nice! A blog is something i've wanted to do but i'm anxious about it, like with most things >_>

Talking defo helps, and nowadays there is a lot more support than there used to be, as well as awareness.

The good thing about blogs is they can be TOTAlLY anonymous. I think the only think that links my blog to me is i have used my first name. But thats because i couldnt think of a name for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Always seem to mess things up for everyone else :frown:
Original post by ParadoxSocks

I'm just worried that I'll say something that causes the whole thing to fall apart and my offer will be taken away or something. I think I'm doing really well at the moment but obviously teacher training is super stressful and a lot of people don't manage it. I get nervous when talking about my health too so I worry my nerves will make me look a lot less sane. Can occy health suggest I shouldn't be on the course to the university?

honestly everybody feels the same when they talk to occy health - so don't worry about coming across nervous as they'll be used to it :redface:
as far as i know they can suggest that, but they'll always make it clear to you that they think that and they won't go behind your back and do it without you knowing - and i think they will use that as a last resort - whenever I've talked to them there has been suggestion of me going home but they're always willing to try something else instead.
if you think you're doing really well then tell them that! the more you open up and talk to them about it the more you can make it clear to them that you have a handle on the situation (which i know is difficult but it really does help) - and i wouldn't worry about saying one wrong thing and it all going to pot, because they build up a picture of you and your situation by balancing out everything, so it won't rest on one simple fact

hope this helps :redface:
How is everyone?
In need of hugs :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubble999
How is everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

me too. feel rotten.
Started watching Orphan Black and I'm now hooked

Posted from TSR Mobile
tired tired tired sad sad sad bluhhhhhhhhh

wanna go back to uni already
Reply 7827
God, just texted ex asking if I could call her one time. She emailed after I was in hospital but was pretty formal. Have been tearful last few nights thinking about her but I don't know if I am just tearful about everything at the minute. Feels like its all over. Don't know where I can go from this. Don't have the strength to start again.
Original post by Jay84
God, just texted ex asking if I could call her one time. She emailed after I was in hospital but was pretty formal. Have been tearful last few nights thinking about her but I don't know if I am just tearful about everything at the minute. Feels like its all over. Don't know where I can go from this. Don't have the strength to start again.

sounds heart breaking. I'm so sorry. Hope things work out soon. You don't deserve this at all. I just want to come and give you a massive hug :penguinhug:
Original post by bubble999
How is everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by .snowflake.
me too. feel rotten.

hugs for you both :hugs: :hugs:
Had a really good weekend, but now on a bit of a come down, feel really down ><
Reply 7831
Original post by ScaryScience
sounds heart breaking. I'm so sorry. Hope things work out soon. You don't deserve this at all. I just want to come and give you a massive hug :penguinhug:

Thanks. It isn't heartbreaking, it is pathetic. I am meant to be a 29 year old man but I'm like a blubbing 8 year old girl.

I do deserve a lot of this. So many bad choices and stupid reckless behaviours. That's why I have nothing left. I have even been given this opportunity to start again and I'm failing. The manager for this place came to my room yesterday and told me I can't carry on like this but I just don't know what to do. He says if i don't work with the mental health team I'll end up back on the streets but they can't help me anyway. I am through with psychiatry cos it doesn't help but the psychiatrist is coming either tomorrow or Tuesday and I think he is gonna make me start taking the meds again and I just don't want to go through it again. I'm sick of the home team too. I'm not rejecting help, I just don't think there is any. I have tried but nothing works.
Original post by rmhumphries
Had a really good weekend, but now on a bit of a come down, feel really down ><

:hugs: anything you wanna talk about? How's Wolfie btw? I haven't seen her around and I tried to skype her but didn't get a response and was just wondering if she's okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ED TRIGGER

Spoiler

Kiddywinks, anyone spoken to Rory recently?
ED trigger

Spoiler

Original post by Jay84
Thanks. It isn't heartbreaking, it is pathetic. I am meant to be a 29 year old man but I'm like a blubbing 8 year old girl.

I do deserve a lot of this. So many bad choices and stupid reckless behaviours. That's why I have nothing left. I have even been given this opportunity to start again and I'm failing. The manager for this place came to my room yesterday and told me I can't carry on like this but I just don't know what to do. He says if i don't work with the mental health team I'll end up back on the streets but they can't help me anyway. I am through with psychiatry cos it doesn't help but the psychiatrist is coming either tomorrow or Tuesday and I think he is gonna make me start taking the meds again and I just don't want to go through it again. I'm sick of the home team too. I'm not rejecting help, I just don't think there is any. I have tried but nothing works.

Not pathetic - crying and missing somebody isn't weak, especially if you're feeling as unwell and vulnerable as you are at the moment. :frown:

And no one deserves this amount of **** at all, please don't be so hard on yourself. :console: I can empathise with what you mean and I've lost a great deal of faith in psychiatry and generally people working in mental health. It's an absolute disaster and people seem happy to leave you for dead. I'm not really sure what else to say on it but the whole system is a car crash and I can empathise. I wish I could make a difference and make something better for you :frown: Please do hang on - undoubtedly you've had a ridiculously rough time recently, but there will be better times. :hugs:
Had a **** day with G today couldn't cuddle him but he managed to hold my hand today without panicking. I am shattered so it's bed for me

Nightworld1066
Original post by tasha96
ED trigger

Spoiler

-hugs- Tash, you know that isn't the answer. I wish I could take the voices out of your head, I really do.
Original post by .snowflake.
me too. feel rotten.

Original post by ScaryScience
hugs for you both :hugs: :hugs:

Aww hoping you feel better :hugs:

Have more hugs because they are free and lovely :jumphug:

Latest