The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Is anyone staying at Chancellors Court? :biggrin:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Freaking out that people have already been allocated rooms! I haven't even applied yet!
Original post by niccosia
Freaking out that people have already been allocated rooms! I haven't even applied yet!

It's fine, remember a lot of people will be waiting on results in August before their place and hence room can be confirmed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asklepios
It's fine, remember a lot of people will be waiting on results in August before their place and hence room can be confirmed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

the people that have applied have been assigned rooms though they only get their offers once they become unconditional, so a lot of places are already booked up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 604
Got into warrander park crescent :biggrin:
Original post by greenpink
Can't decide which should be my first choice :

Chancellors Court or John Burnett?

Chancellors Court seems quite big and John Burnett too small..

Any views?

Chancellors Court! Thats the one I got into :biggrin::biggrin:
seriously though, I think JB is more expensive but hey-ho
Original post by cshum
Is anyone staying at Chancellors Court? :biggrin:

yep! what are you studying? :smile:
Anyone in Fraser Court? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 608
Warrender park road anyone?? :frown: still trying to find flat mates

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edenre
Warrender park road anyone?? :frown: still trying to find flat mates

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to Warrender Park Road as my first choice but i haven't been confirmed yet. how long does it take to get a confirmed flat? cos it seems some people already have theirs and i read that you don't get one till results day.
Reply 610
Original post by sillybee
I applied to Warrender Park Road as my first choice but i haven't been confirmed yet. how long does it take to get a confirmed flat? cos it seems some people already have theirs and i read that you don't get one till results day.

Yeah you won't find out till your offer has turned unconditional :smile: But as soon as it does, you could hear back really soon after!
Original post by Edenre
Yeah you won't find out till your offer has turned unconditional :smile: But as soon as it does, you could hear back really soon after!

well i hope i get that unconditional offer :smile:. have you already received an unconditional? and what course are you taking? have you been to visit the accommodation? i didnt get the chance so i'm going by what i've seen online (which isn't much). hopefully im not disappointed.
Reply 612
Hey! I've applied for Deaconess first choice as well, and then Deaconess studio second! I was kinda worried about the whole social side of it too, so I hope (if i get in) that there are loads of people staying too! I'm not too sure if you get to choose how many people you get to stay with but I'm guessing you probably do!
Reply 613
Original post by sillybee
well i hope i get that unconditional offer :smile:. have you already received an unconditional? and what course are you taking? have you been to visit the accommodation? i didnt get the chance so i'm going by what i've seen online (which isn't much). hopefully im not disappointed.

Yeah I got mine in March for Illustration :smile: and no I haven't, on the open days only a few were open to be able to see (I think it was all catered) so I'm same and applied for the ones that looked the nicest online, had a wee gander on google streetview as well, but it's not first come first served so you could still get your top choice :biggrin:
Anyone allocated to Beaverbank? I didn't apply for it but that's what they gave me. I really like the bed(a 3/4 not a single:smile: yeay) but it's just a bit far from George Square (40mins walk!). It's also kinda expensive so I am not sure yet...:s-smilie:

BTW I got this offer three weeks after my offer turned un-condintional, so be patient people!
Reply 615
Hey :smile:

I just received the offer for Beaverbank too, haven't applied for it neither and it's definitely out of my budget...Probably not going to take it!
(I'm a EU student, so I can't apply for a loan)
Does anybody of you knows, where to find a flat sharing?
Or maybe someone wants to exchange my Beaverbank place to less comfortable, but cheaper housing? :wink:
Reply 616
Original post by annabelbarr215
Hi!
I am about to go into first year at Edinburgh University and I'm staying at Hermits Croft. Is anyone else staying there? Or does anyone know how I can find out my flatmates?
Annabel :biggrin:

Hi :smile: I'm in Hermits Croft too. I'm in Flat 5, you? Don't know how you'd go about finding your flatmates but I was at a party of someone from another school and was just chatting with some people and ended up finding out one of them was in the same flat as me :eek: Guess word of mouth is the best way!

Fiona
Original post by FM96
Hi :smile: I'm in Hermits Croft too. I'm in Flat 5, you? Don't know how you'd go about finding your flatmates but I was at a party of someone from another school and was just chatting with some people and ended up finding out one of them was in the same flat as me :eek: Guess word of mouth is the best way!

Fiona

Heyy! I'm in 5 Hermit's croft flat 7, doesn't the 1st number mean the house? Anyone else there? :smile:
Reply 618
Original post by johannatiippana
Heyy! I'm in 5 Hermit's croft flat 7, doesn't the 1st number mean the house? Anyone else there? :smile:

I'm not too sure :s-smilie: It said Flat 5 and my room number. Although on the address it said 1 Hermits Croft so I assume that's the house I'm in? How many houses are there? What you studying?
I think it's like that :smile: so we're on the same street at least :biggrin: I have no idea about how many houses... Could google that? I'm studying Sustainable development, what about you?

Latest

Trending

Trending