The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bellabella_
King's I think :smile: I went through the same thing and ended up becoming interested in Earth Sciences.. but now I think I'm back at square one and in my head I am 100% going to become part of a research group at NASA (no doubt about it) (it's happening) (I swear). Buuuuuuuut, if that fails I would love to teach at university level whilst conducting my own research

What are you interested in then?

Sounds like a plan!

As for myself... I was thinking neuropharmacology. But physics and chem are too good... So I really need NatSci :frown:

I'm applying for Chem elsewhere
I think King's :smile: Haha that's funny up until recently I was certain I would apply to Queens' if I applied to Cambridge

Haha oh really? What changed your mind? :smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Sounds like a plan!

As for myself... I was thinking neuropharmacology. But physics and chem are too good... So I really need NatSci :frown:

I'm applying for Chem elsewhere

Sounds cool (would probably sound even cooler if I completely understood what it was :colondollar:) - is it medicine-y?! And yes - natural sciences is definitely the way forward. I haven't really thought about what I'm applying for elsewhere properly yet.. oh dear
Sounds cool (would probably sound even cooler if I completely understood what it was :colondollar:) - is it medicine-y?! And yes - natural sciences is definitely the way forward. I haven't really thought about what I'm applying for elsewhere properly yet.. oh dear

Neuro = brain
Pharmacology = drugs and chem of them

But main aim is drug development, big pharma company
Original post by cerlohee
Haha oh really? What changed your mind? :smile:

I went to visit the university with my friend and her brother is currently a student at King's :smile: He showed us around and I just really liked it.. (may still change though!)
Neuro = brain
Pharmacology = drugs and chem of them

But main aim is drug development, big pharma company

What A Levels are you studying?:smile:
Hi! Great choice of course!! :wink:
Which college are you hoping to apply to?

Haha I know :wink: I really really like Christ's but I haven't decided anything yet! I like King's too actually (I saw that you wanted to apply there :tongue: ) so it will probably be one of these two!
What A Levels are you studying?:smile:

By Year 13 I should have A2s in Maths, further maths, Physics, chemistry and French. And ASs in History and Biology too

You?
By Year 13 I should have A2s in Maths, further maths, Physics, chemistry and French. And ASs in History and Biology too

You?

Hello, considering you are very experienced i wanted to ask a quick question. I have 9 A*s 4 As and 1 B at GCSE- are these bad gcses according to Cambridge. I am applying for Economics, and I pretty much am predicted A*A*A*A* ?
Original post by TheEpiphany
Hello, considering you are very experienced i wanted to ask a quick question. I have 9 A*s 4 As and 1 B at GCSE- are these bad gcses according to Cambridge. I am applying for Economics, and I pretty much am predicted A*A*A*A* ?

Obviously not :tongue:

Better than mine :wink: just get good ums, and read around
Obviously not :tongue:

Better than mine :wink: just get good ums, and read around

I am just kinda scared because economics has 8 applicants per place? Wondering if I even will get an interview :/.

Thanks for your comments anyways.
I am just kinda scared because economics has 8 applicants per place? Wondering if I even will get an interview :/.

Definitely would if your ums is good enough

you should be confident of getting an interview with 90+ avg and 95+ for offer, but there are other factors to consider.

It's mostly about high UMS and good maths ability. Unless your non A* were showing a worrying pattern (eg the B was English and the As were in History Geography English Lit etc I don't think they will be a significant factor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Definitely would if your ums is good enough

When it says 8 applicants, do they all generally have similar results? Like 4 A*s and over 95% UMS ? Or is it just that some people have like A*AAA?

Well,
I love earth sciences but I also love astrophysics haha. What about yourself?

Sounds like NatSci is the perfect course for you then! I used to think Physics or Chemistry was the way forward for me, however having done 2 Material Science summer schools this past month I'm beginning to consider that instead. :colondollar: Though at the same time Earth Sciences sounds super cool as well so I'm not too sure at the moment! Which colleges are you looking at?
When it says 8 applicants, do they all generally have similar results? Like 4 A*s and over 95% UMS ? Or is it just that some people have like A*AAA?

I wouldn't be able to comment on that.

But I'd say they'd have at least A*A*A. The offer holders I mean.

The 8 applicants, some wouldn't be considered I'd think, maybe like 0.5. But the rest would be competitive I'd think because the process is quite a self selecting one.
(edited 9 years ago)
I wouldn't be able to comment on that.

But I'd say they'd have at least A*A*A. The offer holders I mean.

The 8 applicants, some wouldn't be considered I'd think, maybe like 0.5. But the rest would be competitive I'd think because the process is quite a self selecting one.

Ah I see, in your opinion after Oxbridge which uni's hold prestige and have good employability prospects?
Ah I see, in your opinion after Oxbridge which uni's hold prestige and have good employability prospects?

It depends. For economics?

Obviously there's LSE, I think Warwick has a good course? Although not sure.

Durham maybe, UCL. I'd have thought Aston would have been good as a business school
It depends. For economics?

Obviously there's LSE, I think Warwick has a good course? Although not sure.

Durham maybe, UCL. I'd have thought Aston would have been good as a business school

LOOL, I heard LSE has no social life.

Latest

Trending

Trending