The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hope15
Thank you!

Saw you got a freshfields TC offer.

How long did it take them to respond to you after your interview day
Original post by TCdreamer
Keep at it! You've worked so hard! How many apps are you aiming for? Not long now :smile:

Thank you! Really appreciate it.
Was aiming for 23 but have cut it to 20. How about you?
We're almost at the finish line!
PFO Latham & Watkins
Original post by MT03
Heard from Mishcon yesterday, got invited for a phone interview. Didnt realise it was part of their process.

Congrats on the invite! Have you had your phone interview with them? What was it like?
PFO Shearman & Sterling. Did not expect anything less from them.
Original post by Gooner1357
Saw you got a freshfields TC offer.

How long did it take them to respond to you after your interview day

Gooner- within 5-10 working days.
Reply 366
Still no reply from any that I have applied to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard from HFW?
Original post by GlitterAndThings
PFO Latham & Watkins

If it makes you feel any better (probably not but still) Latham recruit almost solely from their vac scheme, so I heard, and very early. So they may have liked you but are one of those annoying "vac scheme" firms.

I've applied to 21. I don't think I could do any more without compromising on quality!

I'm a little worried as I only started applying in June for any of them. So I'm probably just further down the queue for my likely PFOs. But will try get one more in and then it's in the hands of the gods CAAAM'ON!
online test invite from Shearman and Sterling :smile:
Original post by dandles
For all those who have had phone interviews so far, I know every firm is different, but generally how was your overall experience? quite laid back or a bit of a grilling?

My experience is that they tend to be fairly basic competency questions. A lot of firms outsource the job to HR companies who likely know nothing about the firm.
Anyone heard from Clydes, Twobirds, Edwards Wildman, RPC, WFW or Olswang?
Hi all!

Was hoping this thread might kick off.

PFOs so far are from Hogan Lovells (Monday) and O'Melveny and Myers (yesterday).

Just completed situational judgement test for Wragge & Lawrence Graham. Harder than expected, just to warn anyone who has applied!

Hey TCdreamer!

I did the sjt for Wragge and passed about a month ago. Did the vrt and didn't score high enough! That test was MUCH harder - it really is so tough!
Original post by JTTTT
ps. has anyone heard back from WLG post verbal reasoning? that was a bloody hard test so my hopes aren't particularly high!

Hey!
I took their VRT last month and didn't score high enough. Their test was really hard - the hardest I've done !! Good luck to you though :smile:
Reply 374
I haven't heard and neither has one other person on this thread so I wouldn't worry just yet. Unless we all failed it. Ha

They approached me to say I had passed the test last week. Had my telephone interview today. Fingers crossed it went well! I applied to the Birmingham office if that helps :smile:
Original post by SamSam786
Hey TCdreamer!

I did the sjt for Wragge and passed about a month ago. Did the vrt and didn't score high enough! That test was MUCH harder - it really is so tough!

I'm sorry to hear that! :frown: how long was it until you heard your results after taking it? Best of luck with your other apps!

I find assessmentday.co.uk (I think that's it) super helpful for practice, if you have more VRTs coming!
Original post by Marksie
They approached me to say I had passed the test last week. Had my telephone interview today. Fingers crossed it went well! I applied to the Birmingham office if that helps :smile:

Thanks! Nothing yet. Applied to London so don't know if there's any difference in timing! Am crossing everything. Hope the interview went well for you!!
Reply 377
Original post by Marksie

Hi Marksie... I have the WLG phone interview on Thursday - how did you find it?
Do you have any tips (I applied to London).

Thanks in advance!
I'm sorry to hear that! :frown: how long was it until you heard your results after taking it? Best of luck with your other apps!

I find assessmentday.co.uk (I think that's it) super helpful for practice, if you have more VRTs coming!

Hey I heard back roughly 2 days later. Have you not heard back from them? (Sorry if you've been asked this before or/and have mentioned it before....I haven't really been following much of the thread!)
Original post by Hope15
TC offer from Freshfields :smile:

nice - are you second year law student or third year non-law?

Latest

Trending

Trending