The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

SOS - Scholarships?

Does anyone know if the scholarships at SOAS have contacted their candidates yet? "End of July" is just so open ended and I'd just like to know if I didn't make it.... The waiting is worse than the news!
Original post by Ella.M
Does anyone know if the scholarships at SOAS have contacted their candidates yet? "End of July" is just so open ended and I'd just like to know if I didn't make it.... The waiting is worse than the news!

I've moved your thread to the SOAS section of tsr :smile:
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
Reply 2
thank you for your help :smile:
I feel your pain! *sigh*

The funding dept. at SOAS told me last week that they "believe the majority of SOAS Scholarships have been awarded - it will depend on the information on the relevant Scholarship webpage regarding when the notification dates are". The one I'm waiting on also says "end of July", so that response was neither here nor there.

I then tried emailing scholarships directly for a straight answer. I'm sick of admin staff telling me to look on their damn websites (this is not just a SOAS thing, of course). They haven't responded (I sent the email on Wednesday evening).
Reply 4
I am definitely eligible for the Progression Award and I have not heard anything. I emailed to ask when I would hear and was told it would not be until after A Level results day.
Tried contacting scholarships dept. again. Another automated response. They are now closed until the 31 July due to graduation ceremonies.
Reply 6
This is such BS. Really I just want to know. All the scholarships I applied for say "end of July" so useless. Decided I'm only going to wait till the 31st then give up completely. Its too bad too cuz I really wanted to go to SOAS. I just cant afford it. International status is the worst.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending