The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emba1
GC rejected promptly by email on 2nd August last year.

Presumably those on the reserve list cannot be rejected promptly as it depends on whether those with offers accept or decline. I was told that it could take a while before reserve list people here back - so here's hoping I am not auto-rejection 9am
Original post by parlourgames
Hello.

Does anybody happen to know whether Cloisters, Blackstone and/or 11 KBW contact referees before making offers?

Wishing everyone courage and patience in the run-up to Friday. This waiting is horrid.

Not a clue on Cloisters, but 11KBW and Blackstone both took up references before offering assessed minis, so that shouldn't be an issue at this stage.
Reply 2442
Has anyone heard from Crown Office Chambers (non-portal, final round)?
Original post by UWhd
Has anyone heard from Crown Office Chambers (non-portal, final round)?

No, not a peep.
Reply 2444
Original post by Wilfred1989
No, not a peep.

Thanks for getting back to me - it's so strange, they said they'd let us know Monday PM or Tuesday AM... At least I am not alone!
Original post by UWhd
Thanks for getting back to me - it's so strange, they said they'd let us know Monday PM or Tuesday AM... At least I am not alone!

No worries. Will let you know as soon as I hear anything- let me know if you do!
Reply 2446
Original post by Wilfred1989
No worries. Will let you know as soon as I hear anything- let me know if you do!

I certainly will do!
Anyone heard from KBG? I'm thinking it may have sadly disappeared into the ether. :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bar Applicant
Anyone heard from KBG? I'm thinking it may have sadly disappeared into the ether. :/

Last year interviews were held in the autumn. Although KBG were (as far as I remember) non-Gateway then, they did follow the Gateway advertising timetable more or less.
Original post by exlibris
Not a clue on Cloisters, but 11KBW and Blackstone both took up references before offering assessed minis, so that shouldn't be an issue at this stage.

Much obliged - thanks.
Does anyone else thing the SJT for the GLS is ridiculous? The least useful is easy but for a lot of the questions the most useful would really be dependent on the context and you could argue the point for two of the answers proposed.
Reply 2451
Yes, I was rejected a while a go so that looks positive for you! Good luck
1COR post-second round rejection out by email (no gateway update). Good luck to all those who haven't had an email. For reference 1COR seems to keep a relatively deep reserve list and don't actively contact you until they are either ready to make an offer or have filled their spaces (this is based on having been a reserve there last year).
2TG rejections out at 9:00am on the dot. If you haven't heard anything, well done. Still nothing from Crown Office Chambers either.
Reply 2454
Take it no one has heard from Oriel/St Johns Buildings?
Reply 2455
Original post by LLMer
Take it no one has heard from Oriel/St Johns Buildings?

I'm still waiting for oriel too. Apparently they let successful know on the 1st then rejections are a week or so later once they have accepted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2456
Ah good- I noticed no one said anything about them doing a second round, which was the worry!
Reply 2457
Original post by LLMer
Ah good- I noticed no one said anything about them doing a second round, which was the worry!

Apparently they hardly ever do a second round, well that's what I've heard anyway. It feels a bit like torture having to wait so long after the interview though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard from QEBHW?
Anybody got experience of interviews with Holborn Chambers? Any advice on their likely advocacy exercise and/or written paper exercise would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending