The Student Room Group

Walking dead vs the wire vs sopranos

Hey all,

I've watched all of GoT and Breaking Bad and am very grateful I did. My question to all you would be: what next? In your opinion, which is better:

- Sopranos
- The Wire
- The Walking Dead

Any other suggestions are appreciated, but these seem to be among the most popular.

Thanks.
I haven't seen the other two, but the Walking Dead is awesome! Some seasons more than others, though. Season 2 was pretty damn boring, but the other seasons were good. If you like zombies, the Walking Dead is the best :biggrin:
The walking dead no doubt about it and i just cannot wait for the next season this October!
The Wire>>>>>>>

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've only seen The Walking Dead out of those three but I'd definitely recommend it :yep: I think it's great!

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are only 6 episodes of The Walking Dead worth watching (first series) so it's not like it'll drain your time hugely. Second series and onwards aren't really worth watching. First series was bloody amazing though.
right these people saying the walking dead have clearly not watched sopranos or the wire.

Both of these shows imho are contenders for possibly the greatest tv ever made.

Personally Id start with the wire. its not as long as the sopranos.

it has more character development than the sopranos, and by the end of season 4 you truly will feel devasted for bubbles (no spoilers)
Reply 7
The Sopranos is fantastic - I never get tired of watching it. I like the other two shows you've mentioned there but The Sopranos is definitely my favourite by a long way. It's incredibly violent, but the writing and the humour is so great that you kind of overlook the gruesome parts. It actually surprised me how funny it was.
I really like The Walking Dead but The Wire and The Sopranos are in a completely different league. I prefer The Wire personally, it's practically flawless.
How the **** is The Walking Dead compared to the Sopranos and the Wire :lol:
Don't get me wrong I really enjoy TWD but is it a masterpiece on the scale of the Sopranos or the Wire? No chance
Original post by Tom_green_day
There are only 6 episodes of The Walking Dead worth watching (first series) so it's not like it'll drain your time hugely. Second series and onwards aren't really worth watching. First series was bloody amazing though.

I'd disagree, the second season was poor compared to the first because of a small budget and too many episodes but the third season was much better than the first. The 4th season was good too but they focused too much on character development over plot development, still had its (shocking) moments.
The Wire is technically the best of the lot, although I prefer the Sopranos, as I like the characters more and its lighter hearted.
Walking dead is very poor in comparison
Original post by AntiMonarchist
The Wire is technically the best of the lot, although I prefer the Sopranos, as I like the characters more and its lighter hearted.
Walking dead is very poor in comparison

what this guy said. The Wires really dark, whereas the sopranos can get a few laughs.
Reply 13
The Wire is so overrated.

Go for The Sopranos.
Original post by AlexHamster
what this guy said. The Wires really dark, whereas the sopranos can get a few laughs.

Do you think so? I'd put it the other way around, personally. One of the things I love about The Wire is how it manages to be very funny at times despite the seriousness of its themes.
Heck, watch them all.. I've watched 'The Walking Dead' and I'm currently watching 'The Wire'.
They are both good..

Also watch 'Scandal' I loved it!
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Do you think so? I'd put it the other way around, personally. One of the things I love about The Wire is how it manages to be very funny at times despite the seriousness of its themes.

For me the sopranos kind of glosses over the reality of the business their in, where the Wire ties you by the ankles and throws you in head first.

the sopranos is the american dream
the wire is the complete opposite
Reply 17
Haven't seen "The Wire" so I'd recommend the "Sopranos".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending