The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

gap year

i want to take a gap year because i got rejected from the UAL college and that was my first choice since it is the best for art and design, and so i'm thinking of taking a gap year, during which i want to make a better portfolio with better guidance this time to try and get in to UAL. i know it is very tough but i'm thinking it is worth it. i'm not sure though, just wanted an opinion whether i should take a gap year and go to a good university rather than just go to an average one. Also since i am an overseas student i planning to do foundation from a local university instead of the gap year and then apply for course. i want to know if i can do that
Reply 1
Which UAL college was it?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
I took a gap year last year or rather I deferred and starting this year (for other reasons), I really pushed myself to get new skills and experience and its just more to write about in your personal statement if you apply again and more to talk about in your interview. Honestly I don't think you have to even rush getting your BA and I got a lot of outside experience in this last year..

But which UAL campus was it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending