The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by timeywimey
If anyone is thinking of staying up to watch the live stream, it's at 12PM not AM. Come back in 12 hours :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

There was a live stream? Of what?
Original post by SirMasterKey
There was a live stream? Of what?

Of the panel in Seoul

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
Anyone else watched the fan-made opening sequence that the new one is based on? I think it looks awful.

[video="youtube_share;oXOBHnWiinY"]http://youtu.be/oXOBHnWiinY[/video]

I love it. Very Burton-esque, which I think suits the hide-behind-the-sofa feel of the show pretty well. I also love the use of cogs to represent time. It makes a change from the time vortex and does exactly the same job as it anyway.

You can find the official one on YouTube. It's very similar, apart from a couple of elements which haven't been included by the BBC. I have a feeling the official version is going to go down as the best so far.
Possible cast spoilers

Spoiler

Original post by Maid Marian
Possible cast spoilers

Spoiler

I heard about that.

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Possible cast spoilers

Spoiler

Spoiler

Possible cast spoilers

Spoiler

Ooh, I saw this.

Spoiler

Possible cast spoilers

Spoiler

She's not. They have to announce cast leaving beforehand so their agents know of their availability. Steven Moffat has said so before in interviews.
Original post by Unibuster325
She's not. They have to announce cast leaving beforehand so their agents know of their availability. Steven Moffat has said so before in interviews.

Spoiler

Original post by bubble999
Ooh, I saw this.

Spoiler

Not really a spoiler any more but...

Spoiler

Original post by Feefifofum
Not really a spoiler any more but...

Spoiler

I haven't had chance to - it's not been repeated and I can't watch online due to having a download limit :frown: But I definitely want to again :yep:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Dislike bringing another guy in with her, works best with one companion.

I'd not mind a future male companion to see the doctor take a younger and more fun guy like Jack under his wing.
5 days :excited:
I've concluded it is the scariest one, simply because you never know what it was... and fear of the unknown and all :afraid:

Agreed! Tennant was the best :moon:

Paha, used to say it to my mum to freak her out :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh yeah :afraid:

Better than Smith anyway, haven't watched many of Eccleston episodes to say something about him..

:rofl:

If only my mum watched doctor who.. :mmm:

Original post by VladThe1mpaler
Anyone else watched the fan-made opening sequence that the new one is based on? I think it looks awful.

[video="youtube_share;oXOBHnWiinY"]http://youtu.be/oXOBHnWiinY[/video]
i think it looks alright but very different to the one now..

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ooh, I saw this.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Rakas21
Dislike bringing another guy in with her, works best with one companion.

I'd not mind a future male companion to see the doctor take a younger and more fun guy like Jack under his wing.

The doctor with Amy and Rory wasn't bad.. but prefer to stick to one companion too. I'd like there to be a future male companion as well :yep:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Black Rose
5 days :excited:

:party: cannot wait!

Original post by Black Rose
Oh yeah :afraid:

Better than Smith anyway, haven't watched many of Eccleston episodes to say something about him..

:rofl:

If only my mum watched doctor who.. :mmm:

Wat... watch Eccleston!!

Twas fubby :colone:
:party: cannot wait!

Wat... watch Eccleston!!

Twas fubby :colone:

:crazy:

I will do.. eventually..... :moon:

Haha how did she react? What did she say? :tongue:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Doctor Who starts again this Saturday! I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm excited! Hopefully this season will be less kid-friendly (actually, season 7 wasn't that bad), I did like the show better when Russell T Davies was in charge to be honest, but Steven Moffat is still doing a fairly good job so far. And judging by the series trailers, this season is going to be kind of steampunk, which should hopefully make the show even more awesome.

I still can't believe that lots of "fans" have stopped watching the show because Peter Capaldi just happens to be an older guy. I mean, how shallow can you get?
Jenna-Louise Coleman (aka Clara) to go this December...Nooooo!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending