The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clinkers56
I don't think I could do that, I'm never taking French again, I found it too boring after two years of it for Standard Grades. :s-smilie:

Haha, I love learning new languages so I'm pretty excited to get back into French again :colondollar: I am debating whether to choose German instead though.

Architecture is pretty interesting, I was actually considering it until I realised you needed maths or art.
Original post by littlejellybird
Haha, I love learning new languages so I'm pretty excited to get back into French again :colondollar: I am debating whether to choose German instead though.

Architecture is pretty interesting, I was actually considering it until I realised you needed maths or art.

Funny thing is Art isn't as important as they make it out to be, I only got a B in intermediate 2 art but they liked my folio (not sure what that says about the SQA or the Uni)

. I also did take Graphic Communication (B a higher this year) so I suppose that helped a lot. Physics is as highly valued as maths too.
English isn't worth that much I managed to get in with only a C at higher (A-level) because I got an A in maths.

My grades weren't that good overall for 5th and sixth year really. I failed maths last year and I basically repeated a lot for 6th year.

At least we are both going to do something we will enjoy.
Funny thing is Art isn't as important as they make it out to be, I only got a B in intermediate 2 art but they liked my folio (not sure what that says about the SQA or the Uni)

. I also did take Graphic Communication (B a higher this year) so I suppose that helped a lot. Physics is as highly valued as maths too.
English isn't worth that much I managed to get in with only a C at higher (A-level) because I got an A in maths.

My grades weren't that good overall for 5th and sixth year really. I failed maths last year and I basically repeated a lot for 6th year.

At least we are both going to do something we will enjoy.

Oh right... I hate physics and I've retaken all of my science modules because I failed pretty badly the first year of A levels :unimpressed:

That's true.
Original post by littlejellybird
Oh right... I hate physics and I've retaken all of my science modules because I failed pretty badly the first year of A levels :unimpressed:

That's true.

At least life isn't all about grades. Some of the most successful business men are people who dropped out of Uni, so you are guaranteed to do well if you stick with your course, as it will be easier to get a job.
I have a galaxy s4, laptop (notebook) and xbox. Don't think I need anything else tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EatAndRevise
Stuff in my room:
Packard Bell 17" Laptop
Macbook Pro 15" with Retina Display
27" Thunderbolt Display
BenQ Monitor
Samsung TV
iPad Mini 16Gb
iPod Touch 4th Generation 64Gb
iPod Touch 1st Generation 32Gb
iPod Shuffle 2Gb
iPhone 4s 64Gb
A crappy Samsung phone
Apple TV
Apple Superdrive
Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Bluetooth Keyboard

Bose Speaker System
Bose QuietComfort 15's
RHA MA750i Earphones

Nintendo DSi
Kindle Paperwhite

Xbox One
Xbox 360
Scuf Controller
Turtle Beach Headphones
Wii

A few crappy keyboards, and some more crappy mice. There are quite a few more things which we have in the house.

So much stuff :redface:

Why and how(does it fit in your room)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
At least life isn't all about grades. Some of the most successful business men are people who dropped out of Uni, so you are guaranteed to do well if you stick with your course, as it will be easier to get a job.

I completely agree with you. Grades does not define intelligence or define who we are. If you have the brains, you can be successful without having a first class degree :tongue:

But at the same time the majority of unsucessful (by which I mean at the very bottom of society) also don't have degrees (or even A levels), and the average earnings of somebody with a degree are substantially higher than those without.
And how did this even come up? It has nothing to do with the thread.
Reply 68
Macbook Pro 15 inch
Apple Magic Trackpad & Wireless Keyboard
AOC 23 inch full HD monitor
Samsung 23 inch TV
Sony Blu Ray Player
HP Laptop
Samsung Galaxy S3
Nexus 7
PS3
PS2
PS1
PSP
Xbox
Nintendo Wii
Nintendo DS Lite
Ipod Touch
Ipod Classic
Beats Solo HD
Sony A57 & various lenses
GoPro Hero 3+ Black & accessories
Fujifilm Finepix F300
A few 35mm film cameras & lenses (Olympus, Canon, Pentax...)

Probably some other stuff I've forgotten and hopefully an iPhone 6 (if it's any good) and a PS4 to come! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 69
Mac book pro 13 inch retina
IPhone 5s
IPhone 4s
iPad Air
iPad 2
Xbox 360 slim
iPod touch x2
iPod shuffle
Nintendo 3ds
Nintendo dsi
Nintendo wii
Sony camera, can't remember which one
Psp
Compaq laptop 15 inch
Dell Inspiron 17 inch
Turtle beach headset

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Hitashami
So much stuff :redface:

Why and how(does it fit in your room)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why?

I don't exactly know how to answer that. Maybe because I like my technology, haha, and I use all of it.

How?

My room is relatively large.
(edited 9 years ago)
Samsung R530 laptop (bust up and ancient)
Samsung Galaxy S3
Canon 1100D camera with extra lens and tripod
Nintendo wii
Nintendo 3DS XL
Nintendo 3DS (shared with brother when first bought)
Nintendo ds lite (kept to play some older pokemon games)

can't see why I'd need anything more o_O
Macbook Pro
iPhone 4S
Creative MP3 Player
A pair of A-Jays earphones

and that's all I need.

Latest

Trending

Trending