Exeter

Exeter University (2014 Entry)

Scroll to see replies

If your a new student do you have to email the particular a cappella group ? x
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by Ed_Jillings
For those interested in a singing in Exeter, check out the A Cappella Society, it has 8 different groups with all sorts of different styles covered, and a great social scene too. Here's our introduction video and Guild page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGLesPGQB6Y
https://www.exeterguild.org/societies/acappella/

And enjoy Exeter! Best 3 years of my life :biggrin:

Do you need to email the specific cappella group ?
Original post by locksher
If you put it as your firm and the offer is now unconditional, as far as I'm aware you don't need to do anything else. They'll get in touch about registration and accommodation and stuff :smile:

Well done!

Thank you very much! I was worrying a little about that and thought I was right, but wasn't quite sure.
Original post by ACrosbie95
I'm not sure.. I did it a while ago. I think Point Ex, Birks and Lafrowda. Where did you apply?

Lafrowda, St Germans and Rowe House! Well I'll definitely see you on the course if not in halls haha
Just got offered rowe house. What's it like???
Exeter for English confirmed but still no news about accommodation :/
Original post by KANTtouchthis123
Just got offered rowe house. What's it like???

I'm in Rowe House!!! :biggrin:
It's meant to be really nice :smile:
Original post by Temp acct
If anyone has any questions about Exeter (i'm 2nd yr), or Birks where I stayed, fire away and i'll answer.

I'm in Birks block A :smile: so any tips for freshers/info about Birks would be great!
Hey, just wondered if anybody is commuting or knows anyone who is travelling from home to Uni everyday? :smile: thanksss
Original post by elephant7
Hey, just wondered if anybody is commuting or knows anyone who is travelling from home to Uni everyday? :smile: thanksss

I'm gonna be coming in from home every day :smile:
I'm gonna be coming in from home every day :smile:

It's soooo nice to find others in the same position as me! What course are you studying :smile:
Original post by elephant7
It's soooo nice to find others in the same position as me! What course are you studying :smile:

I know, haven't found anyone else living at home yet! Hopefully it won't make things too difficult with events and freshers and stuff :smile: I'm studying Anthropology and Italian, how about you?
I know, haven't found anyone else living at home yet! Hopefully it won't make things too difficult with events and freshers and stuff :smile: I'm studying Anthropology and Italian, how about you?

Biological sciences :smile: I know I really hope not!!

I personal messaged you x
Got my accommodation offer... I have paid, but how long do I have to wait for a confirmation email that I have paid my deposit? Getting worried that it hasn't gone through!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HannahBanana1995
Got my accommodation offer... I have paid, but how long do I have to wait for a confirmation email that I have paid my deposit? Getting worried that it hasn't gone through!

My confirmation came through same-day when I paid last year but that doesn't mean it hasn't got through, give it a few days then ring up if you're worried :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't got any confirmation email as well so I guess it's chill :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a payment confirmation email pretty much straight after I paid, but the web page said wait 24 hours before contacting them =) I'm sure they're just busy at the moment: everyone's trying to pay XD
Birks Grange Block G offered, deposit paid, very very exciting
Original post by CR952014
I'm in Birks block A :smile: so any tips for freshers/info about Birks would be great!

Right. A is catered, as you know; as good as it gets for catered i'd have said.
Another thing for people in general, the catered area is open to all, but you have to pay per meal. I never did, but the food looked dece enough.

Birks is absolutely beaut. There is a shop which is open from about 8am-10pm most of the time.

Main reception is block H, which also has self-catered accommodation. Most of the buildings are very new (within last 5 or so years).

You will have to face Cardiac Hill if you go to lectures. It is as bad as people make out.

As for Freshers advice:

Timepiece, Arena and Mosaic are the 3 most popular venues for going out, but there are some other places too. Cavern, Cellar Door as it used to be (think it's now gone), and some good cocktail bars too.

Do NOT, ANYONE, buy a Freshers wrist band, or a Lemmy ents card. It's the biggest mistake anyone made.
The Lemmy becomes the joke of the year. Trust me. But it can be fun to go, so long as you realise it is absolutely dismal and provides utter filth.

Anything else I can fill you in on?

Oh. And without much doubt, I expect this will be the best year of your life, and when Summer 2015 comes, you will be desperate NOT to go home.

One general point for Freshers. If you have done an A-Level in your degree subject of choice, you will find first year a breeze.
Still, do put whatever work you need to in as you don't want to have to go back for retakes like some of my friends are now.

Join a couple of societies; it is good fun and you'll meet new people, and know that until early December, you can say yes to pretty much opportunity without having to consider an exam, whoever you are.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending