The Student Room Group

Overrated Films

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr...
Hot giggily wiggily! :drool:

My thoughts exactly
Silver Linings Playbook

Watched it the other day and it's nowhere near as good as people/critics say it is.
Original post by CelineBean
The Fault In Our Stars.

This. I probably sound heartless but it's not as sad as people say it is. The book as well. :/
Original post by Stephanie Smith
This. I probably sound heartless but it's not as sad as people say it is. The book as well. :/

Yes! I was sat in the cinema whilst literally everyone was blubbing around me, I fell asleep towards the end. It's just your typical love story really.
Original post by CelineBean
Yes! I was sat in the cinema whilst literally everyone was blubbing around me, I fell asleep towards the end. It's just your typical love story really.

There's so much constructive criticism I could give both the book and movie but it definitely wasn't anything new in terms of concept. I won't trash it - it's good, but I definitely think it got more of a hype than was needed.
Taken & Taken 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 526
Star Wars: The Original trilogy. Great when you watch them back-to-back but when you watch the films individually, especially The Empire Strikes Back, they are really quite bad.
Reply 527
Also anything that Michael Bay did
Frozen.
Don't understand and will never understand the hype.
Gravity. Boring, full of inaccuracies and Bullock seemingly forgets 90% of her astronaut training.
Reply 530
Original post by 08jogon
Also anything that Michael Bay did

I don't think anyone rates them anyway!
Reply 531
Original post by Tom78
I don't think anyone rates them anyway!

How on earth Transformers did so well is beyond me, he should have stopped after they hired Megan Fox
Top Gun. Seriously, all it is is that one line 'take my breath awaaay' like a billion times and a lot of slow motion.
Paranormal activity! Bore fest! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hbk4894
what Films have you seen and found them to be overrated?

the good bad and the ugly---over rated too much

i love the godfathers but i think there also a bit over rated
Original post by HurdlesToJump
Paranormal activity! Bore fest! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

More like Paranormal INACTIVITY HAHAAH
:ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee:
Reply 536
Original post by ganjasaurus.
the good bad and the ugly---over rated too much

WHAT?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!?
Original post by Tom78
WHAT?!?!?!??!?!!?!?!?!?

i just thought it was hyped too much (specially by the older generation)

do u really like it?
Frozen

I love Disney and I think Frozen is a great film but highly overrated. The animation is superb BUT I don't believe the characters were developed well enough. For instance, why do we not know why Kristoff has no family? Also, a lot more could have been done to develop Hans' character.

One thing that really bugs me is that Hans' character is just flawed overall. At the very beginning of the movie, the 'look' he gave Anna on their first meeting (even after she left) was of pure love. This is deceiving! This is an error of the writers. They should have just cut that scene out. (Yes I know they wanted to add to the element of surprise but it's just super flawed).

Tangled is 110% better.
Reply 539
Original post by ganjasaurus.
i just thought it was hyped too much (specially by the older generation)

do u really like it?

It's one of the greatest films of all time man, did you not see the Civil war scenes? Tuco, the final face off? Magic throughout.

Wipes the floor with the first two films too.

Quick Reply

Latest