The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Furness College

Howdy! Furness College JCR here. We're the student exec committee that run the majority of the college events and do our best to look after you all during the best 3 or 4 years of your life.

If you're in Furness, make sure you get connected so we can stay in touch!
Facebook Freshers Page - /FurnessFreshers2014
Facebook page - /FurnessCollege
Twitter - @FurnessCollege
Snapchat - /FurnessCollege

Any questions at all about our college or the uni in general, this is the place to ask! Much love xx
Original post by FurnessCollege
Howdy! Furness College JCR here. We're the student exec committee that run the majority of the college events and do our best to look after you all during the best 3 or 4 years of your life.

If you're in Furness, make sure you get connected so we can stay in touch!
Facebook Freshers Page - /FurnessFreshers2014
Facebook page - /FurnessCollege
Twitter - @FurnessCollege
Snapchat - /FurnessCollege

Any questions at all about our college or the uni in general, this is the place to ask! Much love xx

Hi Furness college great to see you getting involved. You may want to help answer fresher's questions in some of the threads at the top of this forum, particularly firmers 2014 and the accommodation thread.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
In Furness standard accommodation, how many people share a bathroom? The website is a bit vague...
Reply 3
Hi there, look forward to seeing you on 27th Sept!!
Original post by k9markiii
Hi Furness college great to see you getting involved. You may want to help answer fresher's questions in some of the threads at the top of this forum, particularly firmers 2014 and the accommodation thread.

Thanks, we'll take a look :smile:

Original post by KTA95
In Furness standard accommodation, how many people share a bathroom? The website is a bit vague...

Generally each flat has 5 people that share a toilet and a shower, however there are the odd exceptions, as there are some flats of 6 and some of 4, but the vast majority are 5.

Original post by lgfbrown
Hi there, look forward to seeing you on 27th Sept!!

And you! So excited!
Hi. In Furness college standard accommodation can some one tell me how far the nearest power point is from the shelf at the end of the bed please? My alarm clock/radio and runs off the mains and I can't see any power sockets in the accommodation video's.
Reply 6
Original post by fadster217
Hi. In Furness college standard accommodation can some one tell me how far the nearest power point is from the shelf at the end of the bed please? My alarm clock/radio and runs off the mains and I can't see any power sockets in the accommodation video's.

I had that problem when I moved in! All the sockets are at the far end of the room, under the window so when I moved in I made an emergency trip to Wilkos to purchase a 5m extention lead which did the job nicely :smile:
Reply 7
Only 7 replies? well 8 now. Common Furness collage we can do better. So who's doing what course? I'm doing theoretical physics with pure mathematics (M.Si 4 years)
Reply 8
IT for Creative industries
Original post by Giorgi
Only 7 replies? well 8 now. Common Furness collage we can do better. So who's doing what course? I'm doing theoretical physics with pure mathematics (M.Si 4 years)

I'm a Furnessian going into my fourth year studying theoretical physics. I hope to meet you either in freshers week through furness events (I'm going to be a kitchen rep) or at some point through physics. There is a physics society that is a great way to get to know other people in the department.

Nick
Reply 10
Original post by k9markiii
I'm a Furnessian going into my fourth year studying theoretical physics. I hope to meet you either in freshers week through furness events (I'm going to be a kitchen rep) or at some point through physics. There is a physics society that is a great way to get to know other people in the department.

Nick

I'll make sure to see you Nick, especially taking in account I'm not that great off a cook. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending