The Student Room Group

St George's biomedical science 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jv.lalloo
I didnt get through for the transfer, however you will notice that EVERYONE doing biomed at georges have the intention of getting the transfer. In reality, around 10% go through.

Requirements in order t be eligible for the transfer:
Get 66% or above in Year 1
Get 66% or above in Year 2

IF you meet these grades, at the end of sem3/Mid sem4, they will be opening up applications for students that are eligible for the transfer. If you dont meet the requirements, your application will be rejected. After filling in the application, you do sem4 exams, and those who meet the grades will be called for interview. If you are successful at the interview, you will be given another requirement. I.e. get 2.i or 1st class overall. After yu graduate, those who were lucky to get the transfer will go straight into 3rd year medicine, and continue their course from there.

Any doubts? :smile:

do they look at gcse or a level results?
Original post by games211
do they look at gcse or a level results?

If youre eligible for the transfer, NO - they dont look at at gcses or a levels. Its purely based on how well you do in your university studies.
Reply 82
How do we know when we have enrolled?
Original post by aliolive
Yeah I am, got an unconditional offer 2 days ago. Does anyone know if thers a FB page for SGUL Biomed? so people can talk and sort accommodation, etc?

Heyy, I know it's late but congrats!! I'm thinking of applying to sgul for 2015 entry but I need some help on their admissions.
What was your offer and what did you get at AS? What were your predicted grades also? I want to see if I stand a chance tbh and I'm really nervous for applying to uni :frown:
I read on their admissions that they don't look at AS results but I'm not sure then how they make their offers?
i would be so so grateful if you could reply to me for some info, I can't find anyone who would give me some help on sgul :smile:
thank you very much x
Original post by nn3lin
Loool sorry about that. My AS grades were BBCD and they offered me ABB:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heyy, I know it's late but congrats!! I'm thinking of applying to sgul for 2015 entry but I need some help on their admissions.
What was your offer and what did you get at AS? What were your predicted grades also? I want to see if I stand a chance tbh and I'm really nervous for applying to uni :frown:
I read on their admissions that they don't look at AS results but I'm not sure then how they make their offers?
i would be so so grateful if you could reply to me for some info, I can't find anyone who would give me some help on sgul :smile:
thank you very much x
Original post by Munna2106
Hey! I got my offer on thursday for sgul :smile: Have you heard back yet? :smile::smile:

thank you very much x
Original post by Nerd12345
thank you very much x

Hi, im currently a third yr biomed and as an ambassador, i was able to work at the clearing hub on clearing day. From what i know, we look at a level grades, i.e. have atleast AAB i think is the normal offer? However, Georges are quite lenient, and offer places for candidates they like. The minimum we can accept is someone who has at least a B or C in either/both Bio and Chem.

However, just to make sure, call up the admissions team and ask them if you are eligible. You don't want to be wasting a uni space.

Good luck!

Hi, im currently a third yr biomed and as an ambassador, i was able to work at the clearing hub on clearing day. From what i know, we look at a level grades, i.e. have atleast AAB i think is the normal offer? However, Georges are quite lenient, and offer places for candidates they like. The minimum we can accept is someone who has at least a B or C in either/both Bio and Chem.

However, just to make sure, call up the admissions team and ask them if you are eligible. You don't want to be wasting a uni space.

Good luck!

Your an ambassador and you don't know the entry requirements???:confused::eek:
Original post by games211
Your an ambassador and you don't know the entry requirements???:confused::eek:

Lolll, ambassadors don't deal with applications hun. We help around on days such as freshers fayres, open days, campus/accommodation tours etc to ensure that forthcoming students are comfortable and clear any doubts they have.

Call up the admissions team if you need help with your uni applications.
If youre eligible for the transfer, NO - they dont look at at gcses or a levels. Its purely based on how well you do in your university studies.

Also do we have to sit the gamsat or any medical entrance exam?
If yes, when?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!

Thank you so mich for getting back to me!!
The thing I'm confused about is that SGUL have written on biomed entry requirements that they don't look at AS grades and only look at your final A2 grades. How do they make a judgment on who they give offers to? Also was SGUL biomed on clearing this year? Also what was the lowest grades you offered for biomed in clearing.
I have such a passion for biomed but my AS results were not as expected and my teachers and myself were shocked. I'm retaking some exams so I can get good grades in A2, so I'm applying for SGUL biomed but I'm applying on the basis that they written that they don't look at AS grades at all. Is this true? I would really appreciate your help :frown: thank you so much x
Original post by Darab_1496
Also do we have to sit the gamsat or any medical entrance exam?
If yes, when?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're eligible for the transfer, there's no need to sir medical school entrance exams. You just need to get the grades they ask for, 2.i/ 1st class.

However- if you don't get through for the transfer, and still wish to get into a medical school, you will need sit entrance exams such as the Gamsat exam or the UKCAT or BMAT. If you want to carry on at George's, you will need to sit the gamsat exam, and do your ucas application just as you did right now.
Original post by Nerd12345
Thank you so mich for getting back to me!!
The thing I'm confused about is that SGUL have written on biomed entry requirements that they don't look at AS grades and only look at your final A2 grades. How do they make a judgment on who they give offers to? Also was SGUL biomed on clearing this year? Also what was the lowest grades you offered for biomed in clearing.
I have such a passion for biomed but my AS results were not as expected and my teachers and myself were shocked. I'm retaking some exams so I can get good grades in A2, so I'm applying for SGUL biomed but I'm applying on the basis that they written that they don't look at AS grades at all. Is this true? I would really appreciate your help :frown: thank you so much x

Dw!! I was in the exact situation that you are in right now. My AS results weren't as I expected, and I redid most my exams in A2. If i got through, So can you! Just work your ass off this year :borat:, & you'll be fine!

And yes, biomed was in for clearing this yr, and the minimum grade we accepted was BBC (Because it was clearing) - With at least b and c grade in either bio or chem. I cant guarantee that this will be the same next year though.
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a rough idea of what the timetable would look like this year? :smile:
Who's going st Georges this year for biomedical then!!
Yes
Original post by Munna2106
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a rough idea of what the timetable would look like this year? :smile:

Hi, here is the link to our online timetable. Click on the top left hand side arrow which looks like >> to browse around the weeks.
https://moodle.sgul.ac.uk/phpicalendar/week.php?cal=BMS_Year1&cpath=cycle1&getdate=20140929

Alternatively, go to tinyurl.com/sgul-t , click on BMS Year 1, and then on the date section on the side, go to October.

The timetable is updated on a regular basis should there be any changes, so i suggest you link it to your phone or save this as one of your homepage tabs on your internet browser for quicker access

By the looks of it, only the practicals have been put onto the timetable. I cant see any lectures on it, so i am assuming they are still working on it. You should however, be given a printed out timetable too on your first day, with sets of other printouts and booklets.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 97
​can I pls ask what year you are in?
thank you very much :smile: :smile:
So I've been told that the halls are completely full now, does anyone ave any information on private halls/ rooms for sgul students? I dont think i'll be able to commute after looking at the timetable :/ BMS looks so so intense!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending