The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Optometry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2540
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
I can tell you now that you'll have loads of space for a printer. I've seen the rooms and they're bigger than what I had :smile:

I can't remember all these things :tongue:

lol it's ok, Where would you say it's located? Apparently I heard the location on google map is wrong
(edited 9 years ago)
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
hey guys I will be applying for optom in 2015 but I don't have any work experience in an opticians or the like. Is it possible for me to "lie" on the PS and say I have done work experience, or do they ask for a reference?

Also it would be interesting to know if any of you have been accepted onto the course without work experience?
Original post by Adam'
The admissions tutor told me they wouldn't accept re-sits. So I didn't want to waste a choice. I think he just didn't like me haha! :biggrin:

They told me the same thing 2 days ago , I think I'm not going to risk applying to them.
Original post by junaid95
hey guys I will be applying for optom in 2015 but I don't have any work experience in an opticians or the like. Is it possible for me to "lie" on the PS and say I have done work experience, or do they ask for a reference?

Also it would be interesting to know if any of you have been accepted onto the course without work experience?

Hey most universities don't require you to have any work experience to study optometry.

They also don't ask for references but if they do they are likely to mention it at open days. In relation to lying on your personal statement I would not recommend it, integrity is important for all health professionals.

Why not try finding some work experience even if you get it for next summer you can always write that you will be doing work experience. As I mentioned above most universities don't require it but it does help you to understand the profession better.
Original post by Qari
lol it's ok, Where would you say it's located? Apparently I heard the location on google map is wrong

It's just up close to the train station? Along Vinter Terrace/Warren Close sort of area. If I remember, Aston house is the one closest the train station, and Bragg is right beside a Co-Op. Crick is between the two of them. It's literally a 2-3 minute walk from the train station.
Reply 2545
It's just up close to the train station? Along Vinter Terrace/Warren Close sort of area. If I remember, Aston house is the one closest the train station, and Bragg is right beside a Co-Op. Crick is between the two of them. It's literally a 2-3 minute walk from the train station.

according to the diagram I just got e-mailed Crick is the closest to the railway station. I just don't know how to access it.
And thanks for the help
I need some advice. Ive been offfered accomodation at cb1 the railyard. I dont know if i should accept this or not becausr theyve given me 48 hours to do so but its a tad bit expensive...
Original post by titration
I need some advice. Ive been offfered accomodation at cb1 the railyard. I dont know if i should accept this or not becausr theyve given me 48 hours to do so but its a tad bit expensive...

I don't think they'll offer you anything else. if you want to pay for it, then it'll be lovely (all of CB1 is gorgeous accommodation), but if you can't afford it then obviously it's a stupid choice to live there and you should look for private acomm. instead.
I don't think they'll offer you anything else. if you want to pay for it, then it'll be lovely (all of CB1 is gorgeous accommodation), but if you can't afford it then obviously it's a stupid choice to live there and you should look for private acomm. instead.

Thanks for the advice :smile:
I think im going to accept it and ill just have to get a job and graft for the first year :smile: just in case theres nothing else i dont want to be too far from the campus...
Reply 2549
Thanks for the advice :smile:
I think im going to accept it and ill just have to get a job and graft for the first year :smile: just in case theres nothing else i dont want to be too far from the campus...

It isn't too far from the campus, it's like a 15 minute bike ride or 30 minute walk from what I've heard. Once you find out your building and flat number, let me know, we might be flat mates xD
Original post by Adam'
It isn't too far from the campus, it's like a 15 minute bike ride or 30 minute walk from what I've heard. Once you find out your building and flat number, let me know, we might be flat mates xD

Haha i will do :smile:
Reply 2551

you know in Cb1 aston , bragg etc does it tell you how to use the washing machines they've provided?
Original post by Qari
you know in Cb1 aston , bragg etc does it tell you how to use the washing machines they've provided?

No idea, but it did at Sedley.

To the other person who was asking: CB1 is like a 15 minute walk from uni, so not far at all.
Reply 2553
No idea, but it did at Sedley.

To the other person who was asking: CB1 is like a 15 minute walk from uni, so not far at all.

well I hope there is otherwise I'm going to struggle.
So what are your plans for the next 6 months?
Original post by Jayneee
Cardiff university optometry anybody?

Me me me! Have you got your accommodation? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adam'

Ill be staying at the telford building :smile:
Reply 2556

Okay, I'm in the Stephenson building. Still haven't found any flat mates -_-
Reply 2557

Original post by Adam'

We should all be living quite close to each other :tongue:
Original post by Adam'

Dont worry about it im sure you will make lots of friends when you get there :smile:
Saying that im worried that i dont know anyone living there yet either... Im a bit worried sharing a kitchen and facilities with people i dont know...
Original post by Qari
We should all be living quite close to each other :tongue:

Oh no! Now im really scared :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending