Scroll to see replies

Anyone living in city campus economy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Original post by ramkanwar55
The music scene was one of my big hopes for wolves, your only hope is the Civic Hall
There have been some decent acts as of late and a few good ones coming up (Protest The Hero and Steven Wilson) but for the most part I ended up outsourcing my music needs to Birmingham (nearly ALL good gigs are there)

At least Birmingham isn't far out. Even so, I wasn't talking about Wolverhampton itself, I meant Midlands in general :smile: See you at a gig or two, maybe.
Hahaha the Midlands are pretty decent for music, not going to lie!
Yeah perhaps! What music are you into?
Yea the NEC is pretty close by and a lot of the big bands/groups/artists will perform there if doing a UK tour, Wolves also has the Civic hall which occasionally hosts some big names. Also things like comedy, Al Murray is doing a show on October the 10th at the civil, there is also the grand theatre for plays/musicals/pantomines.

The people who complain there is nothing to do in wolves are usually the same people who spend most nights in Indi and faces and blow all their money doing the same thing every week of their time at uni.

As well s that, Wolves isn't massivly far from Wales, if you were to get a group together you could easily do a weekend trip to Snowdon or the peak district if the outdoors is more your thing.

If you like sports Wolves has wide variety of sports, some are hosted at Walsall campus and some at City campus, there is a free bus service that runs between the campuses for students, the timetable is usually on the universitys website.

Also try to make friends at the other campus, you never know when you might need to crash on the the other campus.
Hey, my names Jessii, I'm 19 and gonna be studying Psychology. Message me if you're on the same course and wanna get to know each other before semester begins (I hate the awkward icebreakers almost every new class has to be put through)
Has everyone found their blocks in student village ?:smile: anyone in highgate ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone doing special needs, childhood & family studies, feel like im the only one 😅
Is there a freshers at Wolverhampton?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nickstervarius
Hey! My name is Nikki. I'm 24 years of age and I will be studying Art and Design (With Foundation Year), hoping to go on to do Photography afterwards. My accommodation is Living @184 on Stafford Street I am looking forward to freshers week, meeting new people and the music scene (Gigs)! Especially living independently :smile:

Hello, I have been looking for others that'll be on art and design ba course, to get to know some, are you looking forward to starting?
:-)
Reply 209
Has anyone sent the DBS form off? I was supposed to receive the form through post and haven't yet so was wondering if anyone else has ?
Also part of induction on 6th October we have a "DBS interview" what do they ask you :/
You should just be having your id checked so that they can send your forms off. It's not like an actual interview

Posted from TSR Mobile
How come you're doing your DBS now?
Sorry what a DBS form? I don't want to miss anything important out :smile:
Disclosure and Barring Service certificate, it's basically the new replacement for the CRB check

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we have to pay for it? :smile:
I had to pay when I completed my DBS check last year
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yea it's like £44 or something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 217
Original post by purplelamp
There's plenty of groups to join too! Here's a link to the fresher's page, but have a look at the Freshers groups too :smile:
https://www.facebook.com/wolverhampton.freshers4?fref=ts

Here's the groups:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/471809832964400/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/678781698849227/

Sorry for the very late reply!! :redface: Thank you to send me those links, I will definitely join them! What will you be studying? :smile:

Original post by Bawrai
Hahah same here 😂😂 if u find one let me know? Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! Look just above, you will find the links there :smile: where are you from? Xx
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 218
Original post by lanngibbs94
I'll be studying at Wolv but living at home too! Have you had any feedback from this post? :smile:

Nice to hear that! Where are you from and what will you be studying? :smile: yes I did from these two people in my post just above :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone studying childhood, family and education studies? X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending