The Student Room Group

Gay guy comes out to his religious family, all hell breaks loose (vid) ('Murica)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by The Right
Lool you clearly can not differ between thesis and conclusion :rolleyes:. There are scientists who say there is evidence and some who say there is no evidence. And guess what under the more liberal government they say it is natural even though sufficient study was not conducted. Political pressures and gay rights groups have forced the scientific community to abandon further research and say(for equality rights) that being gay is normal. Find some quantitative and qualitative data and present it in front of me for your Thesis. This will be fun:biggrin:

What are you talking about? Scientific research is still ongoing. It wasn't that long ago that they managed to "turn mice gay" by doing some chemical and bit-fiddling in their brain. Obviously it's a lot more complex for humans.
This still does not detract from the fact that it is found commonly in nature, and therefore, by definition, natural. The idea that it is not biologically natural is absurd, because there are literally thousands of documented cases of it being found in nature.
Original post by CJKay
What are you talking about? Scientific research is still ongoing. It wasn't that long ago that they managed to "turn mice gay" by doing some chemical and bit-fiddling in their brain. Obviously it's a lot more complex for humans.
This still does not detract from the fact that it is found commonly in nature, and therefore, by definition, natural. The idea that it is not biologically natural is absurd, because there are literally thousands of documented cases of it being found in nature.

Read my previous posts on the previous page as I talked about that.

Also a few documented cases do not mean it is common LMFAO. Did you know the 1500 species recorded is 0.01666% of the 9million documented species. Yeh it really is a common event, seriously WTF?
Wait wait wait a minute woah. Please point out where I said "homosexuality is not a good idea". What are you going on about? I could not give two ***** what gay people do. What have I done wrong?

Oh, sorry. Usually people who point out that homosexuality is unnatural, as you did, are using it as a reason (should I say excuse?) for disapproving of homosexuality in general. If you're not one of those people, I do beg your pardon.
Reply 103
Read my previous posts on the previous page as I talked about that.

Also a few documented cases do not mean it is common LMFAO. Did you know the 1500 species recorded is 0.01666% of the 9million documented species. Yeh it really is a common event, seriously WTF?

Wtf has it being uncommon got amything to do with it? It's uncommon in humans too - nobody mentioned the frequency of it because it isnt relevant. If it only ever happened once, it would show that it happens naturally.
Do you have any training in the scientific method whatsoever?
Original post by Greg Jackson
thoughts?

**** religion?

I was cringing through this whole video, I feel sorry for this guy.
Original post by White.Resistance
Homosexuality being promoted and encouraged is destructive..

Amen! I was a straight guy right from when puberty began, I was straight right up until like a year ago, but then all this gay marriage stuff started being promoted on the TV, gays being all happy etc, so I thought to myself, I should become a homosexual too! It was a pretty simple change to make really as if one remembers at the onset of puberty you tick a box as to what you wish your sexual orientation to be, proving it is a complete choice. So I just rang up the sexual orientation hotline and asked them to change me to homosexual on their database and bam, not five minutes later my attraction to women was gone completely and I was only sexually attracted to men, it's just that easy

I just fear that if too many heterosexuals act like me and request for their sexual orientation to be changed we'll eventually reach the point that the birthrate will decline below the death rate.

Anyway this is America, probably strongly Christian, and we all know what YHWH thinks about this issue...

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Oh wait I forgot, that was Gods angry stage, according to Christians he apparently had a U-turn on this once he mellowed out when he became a father. When you think about all those laws which apparently don't apply any more despite Gods law being unchanged and him being timeless/eternal, God would make a fabulous politician. "U-turn if you want to..."
(edited 9 years ago)
I saw this on Youtube earlier today. Absolutely disgusting.

Respect is something that must be earned, even respect for parents. Those stupid intolerant pathetic excuses for parents deserve no respect from anyone, and it is baffling why some people are complaining about the boy's supposedly "disrespectful" tone, as though that it somehow the real issue here.

Listen to what they say in the video. They seem to care more about what other people in their "community" will think of them than the safety, security and well being of their own son. Decent parents would put their kids above that.

Anyone intolerant and closed minded enough to throw their own son out for something like that are terrible parents and terrible human beings.
Original post by G8D
He's done pretty well out of this on Go Fund Me.

He was thrown out of his house, he needs and deserves the money.
Omg this is horrendous.
Reply 109
Original post by alapa
Oh yeah. We totally don't have enough people on this planet. :rolleyes: overpopulation is a complete myth and procreation can only be achieved through male+female sex.

FYI, overpopulation is a complete myth.
Original post by Meduza
FYI, overpopulation is a complete myth.

From an environmental point of view overpopulation is absolutely not a myth. It links in to pretty much every environmental problem.

But that's getting a bit off topic, so we should leave it at that. I don't see how its relevant to homosexuality.
Reply 111
Original post by RFowler
From an environmental point of view overpopulation is absolutely not a myth. It links in to pretty much every environmental problem.

But that's getting a bit off topic, so we should leave it at that. I don't see how its relevant to homosexuality.

it doesn't but people should really check their facts before 'attacking' other responses.
Original post by mackemforever
There are over 1500 species that exhibit homosexual behaviour.

How is that not "biologically natural"?

Because homosexual behaviour is utterly different from exclusively homosexual orientation, the latter has not been proven to exist in any animal species.
This is important because it delineates whether homophobia is equivalent to racism. Is having homosexuality preached as a sin contrary to basic human rights?
The conversation isn't about whether it is moral or immoral based on what is natural, it's 'do you have a right to be homophobic?', not in terms violence etc but morally judging it.
Society is disturbingly leaning towards the answer 'no'.
Original post by Reluire
How were they being at all civil? They were throwing him out the house, disowning him, verbally abusing him and attacking him.

She spoke to him quietly and calmly until he started bsing.
Original post by Meduza
it doesn't but people should really check their facts before 'attacking' other responses.

Yes because the peasants in feudal times were doing far more damage to the environment than the millions of businessmen who want to make a quick buck chopping down forests.

Of course overpopulation has effects on the environment what sophistry could possibly ignore something so obvious?
Reply 115
Good old intolerance hey..
Reply 116
Is donating to this guy the new ice bucket challenge? $61,000 in less than a day..
Being gay is not biologically natural

*cough* hundreds of species before us have exercised homosexual behaviour and continue to we are not a trendsetter in this regard *cough*
Original post by G8D
He's done pretty well out of this on Go Fund Me.

There is no actual evidence that this isn't staged (we only hear the audio no clear picture). Think about it bible thumping parents from the south beat gay guy with overtly gay accent what a way to cash in on gullible people on the Internet who think they're morally superior.
The attitude of some people on this thread...:sad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending