The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I recently got my AS maths results and got A's in the 3 modules. However I was planning on doing AS further maths over 2 years and had sat 2 of the modules necessary and done poorly, so I am no longer planning on completing the AS. Do I have to put these 2 module results on Ucas; they are not contributing towards any qualification, and I go to an independent school and so they have not been cashed in?
Reply 2581
Original post by averyc
Hi,
I recently got my AS maths results and got A's in the 3 modules. However I was planning on doing AS further maths over 2 years and had sat 2 of the modules necessary and done poorly, so I am no longer planning on completing the AS. Do I have to put these 2 module results on Ucas; they are not contributing towards any qualification, and I go to an independent school and so they have not been cashed in?
If you don't plan to complete the AS you can leave them out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I started sixth form this year but ended up dropping out in May (I moved from the area where my school was). I'm planning on doing the year again but as I didn't sit any AS exams in May I'm wondering what to put on my UCAS form next year?
Basically I spent the year at school but didn't sit any exams
Reply 2583
Original post by Miss_Havisham
Hi, I started sixth form this year but ended up dropping out in May (I moved from the area where my school was). I'm planning on doing the year again but as I didn't sit any AS exams in May I'm wondering what to put on my UCAS form next year?
Basically I spent the year at school but didn't sit any exams

You put that you spent the year there but didn't take exams. You enter the sixth form in "add school/college" and then tick the box for no qualifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno
You put that you spent the year there but didn't take exams. You enter the sixth form in "add school/college" and then tick the box for no qualifications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great, thanks :smile:
Hello

I see if you resit an AS you have to put both your original and new grades down which is fine.

Just wondering if the same applies to GCSE too, or does it depend on what was certificated?

Thanks!
hey guys im applying for uni for 2015 entry for mechanical engineering im confused as to what i put my AS grades as beacuse my as grades have gone up after doing resits in my A2 year thanks
Hey :smile:

I got BDDU and I was wondering whether I have to declare the U on my UCAS application.

Also, how would I go about entering my AS grades when I will be resitting some exams ??
Hi :smile:

I'm a potential international student and I'm a bit confused when it comes to entering my GSCE equivalent grades into the UCAS application. The grading system in my country is based on percentages which you later calculate into points so we don't grades like A or B. Could you explain please what am I supposed to do or direct me to anyone else who could help?

Thanks
Reply 2589
Original post by BluePudding
Hi :smile:

I'm a potential international student and I'm a bit confused when it comes to entering my GSCE equivalent grades into the UCAS application. The grading system in my country is based on percentages which you later calculate into points so we don't grades like A or B. Could you explain please what am I supposed to do or direct me to anyone else who could help?

Thanks

You enter exactly what you get. You do not convert into gcse or other qualifications

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2590
Hiya,

I'm an IB student with no previous qualifications as I've moved from Australia back to Europe during the time I was meant to sit exams of that level. Since the IB don't have an equivalent to AS I was just wondering what grades would be on my application?

Thanks
Reply 2591
Hello,

I'm an IB student but I have no other qualifications (as I was in Australia then moved back to Europe halfway through IGCSEs etc). Since I'm ddoing the IB and we don't have an equivalent to AS levels. So I have no idea what grades would be included on my application. I was just wondering if anyother IB students have the same issue as predicted grades don't come out until November (for my school anyways).
I know this question maybe has been asked million of times, but however I googled and couldnt find any thing relevant.

Im a gap year student and managed to complete A levels under 2 years and obtained AAAA. However in AS level I got BBB, which were cashed in in my certificate, and I resat these Bs in January and managed to turn them into As. Only my A level certificate states AAA otherwise.
So what do I enter? my resit AS grades? Or the grades on the cashed in certificates?
Hi!
I am a self study candidate doing the International A Levels. I did a Maths module in January 2014 but got a C. I retook it in June 2014 and got an A. I have not cashed in my modules yet, so do I have to mention my first C on UCAS?
Thank You!
Original post by StellaRawr11
I know this question maybe has been asked million of times, but however I googled and couldnt find any thing relevant.

Im a gap year student and managed to complete A levels under 2 years and obtained AAAA. However in AS level I got BBB, which were cashed in in my certificate, and I resat these Bs in January and managed to turn them into As. Only my A level certificate states AAA otherwise.
So what do I enter? my resit AS grades? Or the grades on the cashed in certificates?

This is explained in the first post.

Your bbb at AS level are qualifications. Put them in your application with the module results that contributed to your official AS grades.

Your A level results are also qualifications. Put them in your aplication with the module results that contributed towards your official A level grades (the resit as modules and the a2 modules).
Original post by ekeay
Hello,

I'm an IB student but I have no other qualifications (as I was in Australia then moved back to Europe halfway through IGCSEs etc). Since I'm ddoing the IB and we don't have an equivalent to AS levels. So I have no idea what grades would be included on my application. I was just wondering if anyother IB students have the same issue as predicted grades don't come out until November (for my school anyways).

If you have no formal qualifications then you cannot enter any complete qualifications. Just put you pending IB subjects in.

Speak to your referee about your situation - they will have to supply predicted grades and should explain the situation with you moving countries to explain the lack of formal qualifications.
Can I just verify. My boyfriend did his first year in x college and got the following results in AS Levels:
EEUC in mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Further maths respectively.
He then did a second year in y college and received the following results in AS Levels:
BBCD in Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Psychology (resits and remarks depending)

During third in y college and dropping Psychology.
So the results he would have to put into his UCAS form would be:
Biology - B
Chemistry - B
Geography - C
Further Maths- C
Psychology - D
Maths - E

Is this correct? With the Biology and Chemistry grades would he have to put the date he received the grades at second year i.e. 2014 or would it be 2013 (year one) ? What would happen if he doesn't declare all his grades on his application?

Also, completely different question here. During my A Levels I received the Grades A*,A, B however, I have a D in another subject at AS Level (did not carry onto A2). Will this hinder my application in anyway? Will universities be put off by this, baring in mind the highest grades I need to get in is AAB? I want to study a vocational course of Occupational Therapy.
Original post by LouieSax
Can I just verify. My boyfriend did his first year in x college and got the following results in AS Levels:
EEUC in mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Further maths respectively.
He then did a second year in y college and received the following results in AS Levels:
BBCD in Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Psychology (resits and remarks depending)

During third in y college and dropping Psychology.
So the results he would have to put into his UCAS form would be:
Biology - B
Chemistry - B
Geography - C
Further Maths- C
Psychology - D
Maths - E

Is this correct? With the Biology and Chemistry grades would he have to put the date he received the grades at second year i.e. 2014 or would it be 2013 (year one) ? What would happen if he doesn't declare all his grades on his application?

Also, completely different question here. During my A Levels I received the Grades A*,A, B however, I have a D in another subject at AS Level (did not carry onto A2). Will this hinder my application in anyway? Will universities be put off by this, baring in mind the highest grades I need to get in is AAB? I want to study a vocational course of Occupational Therapy.

The first post explains this clearly.

If the AS results were certified both times (which they will be) then all of them need to be included EEUB in one year with one college, BBCD in another college the following year.

The A levels he carried on with at the second college are also qualifications and need to be added too.

You attach qualifications to places of study so the first college will need quals attached or it will be obvious he is lying.

The first post also explains the likelihood of being caught lying (high) and the consequences (very very bad). Universities take a much worse view of liars than they do applicants with a couple of poor grades or who chose the wrong subjects/college initially.
Original post by PQ
The first post explains this clearly.

If the AS results were certified both times (which they will be) then all of them need to be included EEUB in one year with one college, BBCD in another college the following year.

The A levels he carried on with at the second college are also qualifications and need to be added too.

You attach qualifications to places of study so the first college will need quals attached or it will be obvious he is lying.

The first post also explains the likelihood of being caught lying (high) and the consequences (very very bad). Universities take a much worse view of liars than they do applicants with a couple of poor grades or who chose the wrong subjects/college initially.

OK thank you very much I appreciate this so much :smile:
I'm resitting an AS chemistry exam next summer along with my A2 chemistry exams. Do I have to enter two entries for AS chemistry on ucas?

Latest

Trending

Trending