The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee University 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

I'm smiling on my photo and the background is my room. Had no complaint as of yet and I did it last week. :smile:
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Original post by EmineF
How about the Abertay halls? They should be similar to Dundee halls right? Are any first years applying there? :confused:

Abertay Halls would be inferior to the Dundee Halls because you'd be at the wrong university, but if you have no choice then just go for it. Be sure you've checked places like "The Old Mill" or "Keiller Court" etc.
Original post by TeamFTW
I'm smiling on my photo and the background is my room. Had no complaint as of yet and I did it last week. :smile:

Yeah my picture is me at a gig and they haven't said anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sir Fox
University halls are for students of said university, I highly doubt Abertay would accept UoD students when they have more than enough applicants from their own university.

Well Dundee actually suggested Abertay halls when I didn't get an offer for the proper halls. Apparently quite a few UoD live there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CalmDownBambi
Well Dundee actually suggested Abertay halls when I didn't get an offer for the proper halls. Apparently quite a few UoD live there.

You should be aware though that for a UoD student having to live at Abertay should be the greatest shame imaginable :colone:
Original post by Sir Fox
You should be aware though that for a UoD student having to live at Abertay should be the greatest shame imaginable :colone:

Good job I'm in Keiller Court then...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently it's so bad that Abertay is assumed not to even exist.
is anyone buying a freshers pass? Im kind of on the edge about getting one...
I don't see the point (for me), but it's down to individual preference... if you can afford it after working all your finances out.
You can just buy tickets to on the day before or something right? I'll probably buy a freshers pass anyway, you only live once right? :wink:
If anyone is looking for a place in The Hub please send me a direct message, thank you!
Reply 1031
Original post by ModernScholar
Abertay Halls would be inferior to the Dundee Halls because you'd be at the wrong university, but if you have no choice then just go for it. Be sure you've checked places like "The Old Mill" or "Keiller Court" etc.

UoD have said that Abertay are offering some of their students space and will apparently aim to place UoD students together. Do you think private accommodation is much better than this offer? Because technically you'd still be with dundee students, just not within the campus itself :/
Original post by EmineF
UoD have said that Abertay are offering some of their students space and will apparently aim to place UoD students together. Do you think private accommodation is much better than this offer? Because technically you'd still be with dundee students, just not within the campus itself :/

Depends how far from UoD you are, and wouldnt it be a bit weird living at a different uni :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmineF

At this stage it is hard to tell, what with less than a week left to go. You'll have to make the decision I'm afraid. Personally I'd still check out private accommodation.
Might be a bit unlikely, but did anyone else get an invite from the University for tomorrow night? It's like a meeting for people living locally (Dundee, Angus, Fife, etc.) so they can get to know each other. That way people who will be staying at home won't feel felt out what with not living in halls during Fresher's Week.
Hi
i'm staying at the Old Mill Accommodation. Travelling up on Sunday 7th Sept.
couldn't get into halls coz of late offer from Dundee.

Hope the accommodation is ok - read a few negative reviews?
Anyone else staying there???

Cheers
Soo my timetable for my course just got released, can anyone explain to me what
BA1, BA2, BA3, BA4 is?
Original post by Natty.123
Hi
i'm staying at the Old Mill Accommodation. Travelling up on Sunday 7th Sept.
couldn't get into halls coz of late offer from Dundee.

Hope the accommodation is ok - read a few negative reviews?
Anyone else staying there???

Cheers

Heya :smile: I'm staying at the old mill aswell! Moving in on the 6th, which block/flat are you in?
Block B. 3rd floor. How about you??
Original post by Natty.123
Block B. 3rd floor. How about you??

That's the same as me! Flat 36 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending