The Student Room Group

does this count as an extraneous circumstances?

i don't think it does, but i just saw this in cambridge website.
"...serious disruption to educational provision at school/college"
what does this mean? i'm not expecting anything but its worth asking i guess.

so basically, the situation is that, in year 10 we were doing wjec exam board for both english language and english literature, but in year 11 we were forced to do a different exam board for both because everyone did horribly in their coursework apparently.
this meant that we had to prepare and do some more coursework for both english for this new exam board in a period of one year, instead of the 2 year you are normally allowed.

so the question is: does this count as an extraneous circumstances?
and if not what are some examples of extraneous circumstance, i am not really clear on this term. thanks.

by the way i may have posted this in the wrong forum. sorry.
EXTENUATING circumstances have to be serious ones, and that, although it is unfortunate, isn't all that serious.
Original post by Alludeen1
EXTENUATING circumstances have to be serious ones, and that, although it is unfortunate, isn't all that serious.

ok thanks
Extenuating circumstances means did you have a serious illness like cancer, were you in hospital, were you nearly killed and shocked the day before an exam, etc. It doesn't count if you had to do a bit more work.
Original post by Pectorac
Extenuating circumstances means did you have a serious illness like cancer, were you in hospital, were you nearly killed and shocked the day before an exam, etc. It doesn't count if you had to do a bit more work.

ok thanks
I had pneumonia for over 7 weeks... twice... during Science GCSEs and across year ten and eleven. Yet, I was told this apparently wouldn't count.

So I'm unsure.
Original post by swopnil
x
If that affected your grade then it might be worth your teacher mentioning it in your reference, but it's not something that has affected a whole exam season in a serious way, so there's no need to fill out an ECF (the Cambridge form for declaring extenuating circumstances).
Original post by JayJay-C19
I had pneumonia for over 7 weeks... twice... during Science GCSEs and across year ten and eleven. Yet, I was told this apparently wouldn't count.

So I'm unsure.

oh, unlucky.
Original post by fluteflute
If that affected your grade then it might be worth your teacher mentioning it in your reference, but it's not something that has affected a whole exam season in a serious way, so there's no need to fill out an ECF (the Cambridge form for declaring extenuating circumstances).

ok. i will talk to a teacher about it. thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending