The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Personal Statement Mind BLOCK!

Hi all!
I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me starting off my personal statement! I wish to study adult nursing.
Reply 1
Hi. I'm a first year adult nursing student so I'll try and remember as much as I can about mine. I started off my saying "I'm applying for Bsc(Hons) Adult Nursing because...." you find a lot of people get rejected because they don't mention why they want to do the course in the first place. Talk about yourself after this, but you as a student, things such as hobbies comes later. Are you a leader, a team worker, reliable, determined? Mention that. Talk about what you're doing at your current education institution and what you enjoy such as " Currently I'm studying at _______ doing _______. The course explores a variety of subjects ranging from _____ to _____. I particularly enjoyed learning about ______" Don't make it long, it just shows the uni that you actually know what subjects you're being taught currently. Mention any other academic achievements. I mentioned how my secondary school sent me to Oxford university on a leadership programme and sent me to Bancroft because they saw my medical potential. Stuff like that makes you stand out from the crowd and shows that you're excelling academically. somewhere in your personal statement you NEED to talk about what the role of a nurse is. This is so important. I cannot stress it enough. This is probably the #1 reason students get rejected. With this, you also have to mention any caring experience you have. Caring for an ill relative (and I don't mean with the flu) being a HCA ect. Then you can briefly put what your hobbies are. Don't even try and be that person who claims they para-glide and do skydiving every week. Even if it's just watching tv with the family. This will show what you are like outside of school.

I hope this has somehow helped.
Good luck and where are you applying to?
(edited 9 years ago)
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending