The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sixdegreesofsoph

Hey! Have you signed up for any Fresher's events? I'm so confused as to how to do it.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by lilGem
you will be invoiced on evision for the amount. it will normally be invoiced in the first two weeks and you'll be given a month from then to pay off for the given amount :smile:

Do we pay the full amount in three installments, as in 1st in October and then in 2nd the winter and 3rd spring?
Original post by driftawaay
Do we pay the full amount in three installments, as in 1st in October and then in 2nd the winter and 3rd spring?

you do :smile:

There are several options for payment - IIRC there is 1 installment, 3 installments (termly) or 8 installments (monthly). You get to choose which you want when you get invoiced. Most undergrads choose the 3 termly as obviously it matches loans nicely :smile:

xxx
Original post by kpwxx
There are several options for payment - IIRC there is 1 installment, 3 installments (termly) or 8 installments (monthly). You get to choose which you want when you get invoiced. Most undergrads choose the 3 termly as obviously it matches loans nicely :smile:

xxx

Ahh, I didn't know about the monthly option! This makes me so happy cause I'll only get my loans from my country in November and then probably April (EU student) and I was freaking out about how I'm gonna pay for the entire 1st term before I even get my loan. I was thinking about borrowing money from someone! I feel like an ELEPHANT has been lifted off my shoulders, lol.
Ahh, I didn't know about the monthly option! This makes me so happy cause I'll only get my loans from my country in November and then probably April (EU student) and I was freaking out about how I'm gonna pay for the entire 1st term before I even get my loan. I was thinking about borrowing money from someone! I feel like an ELEPHANT has been lifted off my shoulders, lol.

Glad to help :smile:

I will note that the 8 month option is by direct debit, so you will need to arrange a bank account for that - there are student bank accounts available to EU students.

Also, if you ever have any issues paying by the set date go and speak to the accommodation office ASAP, as they are usually able to work something out!

xxx
Constable Terrace, flat 15 here! (Though I've asked to be moved, because I don't drink or go clubbing, and my room is meant to be on the ground floor, so I'll probably be woken up frequently by people that go out :frown: )
Original post by kpwxx
Glad to help :smile:

I will note that the 8 month option is by direct debit, so you will need to arrange a bank account for that - there are student bank accounts available to EU students.

Also, if you ever have any issues paying by the set date go and speak to the accommodation office ASAP, as they are usually able to work something out!

xxx

Oh yeah I know I need a bank account :smile:

Also, I will be getting a bursary (2000pounds), if I choose to get my bursary as an accomodation discount then that just means I'll have 2000pounds less accommodation to pay, but I can still choose whether I want to pay the remaining accom. cost in full, three installments or monthly, right?
Oh yeah I know I need a bank account :smile:

Also, I will be getting a bursary (2000pounds), if I choose to get my bursary as an accomodation discount then that just means I'll have 2000pounds less accommodation to pay, but I can still choose whether I want to pay the remaining accom. cost in full, three installments or monthly, right?

you can :smile:
Hey :-) Even I've got to share a twin room in Norfolk Terrace. I found my roommate via the facebook group for my accommodation, I guess we'll both be in it. It's a good idea to try to get to know your roommate beforehand because if they turn out nice, why go through the hassle of changing your room?
Is a kettle in my room allowed?

<3 x
Original post by LETSJaM
Is a kettle in my room allowed?

<3 x

you can store it in your room but it's only allowed to be used in the kitchen
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that UEA residences dont have washing machines? I'll be living in Ziggurats (suffolk terrace), I'm guessing there isn't a washing machine in every single flat... is there a dry cleaners place on campus ?
(edited 9 years ago)
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that UEA residences dont have washing machines? I'll be living in Ziggurats (suffolk terrace), I'm guessing there isn't a washing machine in every single flat... is there a dry cleaners place on campus ?

There are two launderettes on campus- one in the street next to The Shop, that will be your nearest, and another one next to the medical centre.
Original post by jelly1000
There are two launderettes on campus- one in the street next to The Shop, that will be your nearest, and another one next to the medical centre.

and are these places one of those where you just drop your clothes off and they wash them for you or do you have to do your own laundry?

how much does 1 wash cost?
and are these places one of those where you just drop your clothes off and they wash them for you or do you have to do your own laundry?

how much does 1 wash cost?

you have to do it yourself. I'm not sure how much a wash costs as the price goes up each year and I've not had to use the launderette since 2012
Original post by jelly1000
you have to do it yourself. I'm not sure how much a wash costs as the price goes up each year and I've not had to use the launderette since 2012

And do you have to bring your own powder/tablets?
And do you have to bring your own powder/tablets?

yes
Im in paston house and i was wo dering if anyone had any info on it , especailly how many people are in each flat ? :smile:
Anyone know how many people are in each flat at Wolfson close? I only know of one other person in flat 11 so far and I'm a little worried. Obviously there are loads more people, I just haven't seen them yet :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending