The Student Room Group

Freeths Legal Assistant?

Hello all,

I have recently graduated with a 2:1 in Law from the University of Nottingham. I am now taking a year out to apply for vac schemes/ legal work experience/ TCs.

Freeth Cartwright's Legal Assistant route has interested me a lot, I'm thinking of applying for it when the applications open again. However, full details about the job itself appear to be quite vague? I've searched the internet and FC's website but haven't any luck finding answers to the questions below.

Does anyone have any experience of/ know much about the legal assistant role at FC?
What sort of duties do you undertake?
What is the salary?
Are you based only in Nottm or can you work elsewhere?
And (the most important question!) what are the chances of securing a TC with the firm after working with them as a Legal Assistant?

Your advice would really be appreciated. Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Anyone? :frown:
Have you actually contacted FC to ask them these questions? That's where you're going to get answers.

The chance of someone on here being in the exact role you want, and thus having the answers to these qs, seems pretty slim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Check which law fairs they will be attending this autumn. They were at the London law fair last year and they had someone from graduate recruitment and a legal assistant on hand to answer questions.
Reply 4
Thank you for the replies!

I haven't contacted them as I thought it might look a bit unprofessional asking questions about the salary :s

The point about attending law fairs is a good one so I will definitely follow up on that.

Thanks for the advice.
Original post by remee
Thank you for the replies!

I haven't contacted them as I thought it might look a bit unprofessional asking questions about the salary :s

The point about attending law fairs is a good one so I will definitely follow up on that.

Thanks for the advice.

I don't think it's unprofessional in the least to ask a potential employer what the salary is when it's not stated in the job ad/description - you need to know whether it's sufficient to cover your living costs for the year. It's basic information about the role.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending