The Student Room Group

Do all universities require you to turn 18 before the start of the course ?

So I'm posting this thread because I couldn't find any thread which could tend to my requirement. I'm a medical aspirant and I reside in India. I'm currently 15 , in year 11 and will turn 16 in November. Just to clarify ,here, we don't have any course such as year 13 which is like the second year of sixth form. We complete our secondary education in year 12 itself and having compared the syllabus , I came to know that we study everything you study in year 13 in year 12 itself. After year 12 , we go off to uni. So the problem here is , that many universities like UCL and Imperial college of London require me to turn 18 before the 1st of October but I will only turn 18 in November. I read somewhere that there are many universities that don't have such age requirements. Can anybody list down universities that don't require me to turn 18 before the start of the course
P.s I wanna do medicine.
Don't think so. You just need a guardian, i think, until you turn 18. Easy to check with the universities directly.
Reply 2
Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for your reply. I sent UCL, Imperial and Queen Mary an email summarizing my problem and they all had the same reply. They all told me that they can't accept me for the 2016 entry even if I meet all the other requirements and that I should apply for a deferred entry. So I wanted to know that if I apply for a deferred entry what are the chances of me getting accepted since I'm an international student ? Also, do they give the confirmation to the students that they have surely been accepted for the deferred entry since I don't want to be left hanging.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending