The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maid Marian
I noticed this too, and actually I'm getting annoyed at it. The plot about a spaceship being disguised as something else has been used too many times now :erm: Happened in Deep Breath as well :sigh:

The TARDIS is a spaceship disguised as something else.
I really like Peter Capaldi, so much so that he makes up for any other...flaws :tongue:
Reply 3722
I noticed this too, and actually I'm getting annoyed at it. The plot about a spaceship being disguised as something else has been used too many times now :erm: Happened in Deep Breath as well :sigh:

Ah, but in this instance it's okay, because each episode of this series so far has had a link to an earlier episode - Deep Breath = Girl in the Fireplace, Into The Dalek = Dalek, Robots of Sherwood = Fires of Pompeii or The Lodger
I'm interested to see whether this linking keeps going.

Original post by greeneyedgirl
This episode rebuilding parts so spaceship could fly with complicated grid like patterns and monsters that incinerate you :yep:

And as Moffat has said http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-09-30/doctor-who-steven-moffat-has-an-explanation-for-peter-capaldis-earlier-appearances I imagine that could be an arch for this season.

Ooh, so maybe that was this episode's throwback episode :holmes:
Last night's episode was a Robin Hood Prince of Thieves tribute with a Die Hard bit thrown in, the only thing missing was Alan Rickman, lol.
I like Capaldi, he has a dark humour that I appreciate.
Original post by snowyowl
The TARDIS is a spaceship disguised as something else.

That doesn't mean it can keep being used as a plot resolution? It's unimaginative and tedious.
That doesn't mean it can keep being used as a plot resolution? It's unimaginative and tedious.

No, I agree. It was just something that occurred to me when I read your post.
Original post by snowyowl
No, I agree. It was just something that occurred to me when I read your post.

Haha fair enough :smile:
Original post by Wolf359
I really enjoyed it, quite funny and this Doctor reminds me a bit of Jon Pertwee, a bit of an action man (Jon Pertwee is my favourite)

BUT, I thought the end was rubbish

I like you :h: Nothing beats a bit of early Unit era.
Original post by Aula
Ah, but in this instance it's okay, because each episode of this series so far has had a link to an earlier episode - Deep Breath = Girl in the Fireplace, Into The Dalek = Dalek, Robots of Sherwood = Fires of Pompeii or The Lodger
I'm interested to see whether this linking keeps going.

Ooh, so maybe that was this episode's throwback episode :holmes:

Yeah there's a lot of little links...
Original post by greeneyedgirl
This episode rebuilding parts so spaceship could fly with complicated grid like patterns and monsters that incinerate you :yep:

And as Moffat has said http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-09-30/doctor-who-steven-moffat-has-an-explanation-for-peter-capaldis-earlier-appearances I imagine that could be an arch for this season.

Good spot!
I really enjoyed that. I hated the trailer and was all set for a filler episode to sit through while waiting for the good stuff later - but actually I thought they did a really good job of it. They didn't take it seriously, which was definitely the right thing to do. Good old camp humour.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers

:hand: Leicester is superior, besides, robin hood was from Sheffield.

Stop trying to steal him away :huff: He's known for doing his thing in Notts, so w/e :u:
Original post by bubble999
Stop trying to steal him away :huff: He's known for doing his thing in Notts, so w/e :u:

Leics is better, deal with it :smug:
Original post by shadowdweller
Leics is better, deal with it :smug:

Oh, did someone say something? Thought that shadowdweller had left TSR :mmm:
Original post by bubble999
Oh, did someone say something? Thought that shadowdweller had left TSR :mmm:

Haha :colonhash:

But well played :fluffy:
Reply 3735
How did Capaldi and Robin Hood break out of their chains?
Original post by alpen
How did Capaldi and Robin Hood break out of their chains?

They went to a blacksmiths forge.
Reply 3737
They went to a blacksmiths forge.

yeah didn't expect there to be a logical explanation :lol:
Original post by alpen
yeah didn't expect there to be a logical explanation :lol:

That is a logical explanation - you can use the forge to break the handcuffs.
Reply 3739
That is a logical explanation - you can use the forge to break the handcuffs.

Yeah whilst they were chained up they somehow got to a blacksmith

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending