The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Going to be studying film in september, and Im worried about how to meet new people

I start Film on september and Im worried that I wont meet anyone new, what is the best way to, and also where is the best place to get food and be on a budget?

Thank you! :biggrin:
Talk to people.

Strike up a conversation with someone wherever you are - on the bus/train to Uni, standing in a queue, in the library, cafe on campus, waiting to go into a lecture, wherever. You have to be a bit brave about this but be confident, you can do it! Everyone feels a bit nervous about this sort of thing when they are about to go to Uni, but after the first few weeks you'll wonder what you were ever worried about - promise.
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

I have a few other questions, where is the nearest supermarket people go to? on April 1st I applied for accommodation as soon as I could, should I hopefully get the place I wanted? also how is campus is looks like a cool place!
Reply 3
Hey i also will be studying film this september at Roehampton :smile:
Oh awesome! :smile: did you go to the orientation day on April 1st? you might have seen me haha did you apply for Digby Stuart too?
Reply 5
I'm also going to be studying film, hopefully it'll be an easy few years!
Reply 6
No I wasn't at orientation :/ ( I kinda live in Cyprus so I couldn't make it :biggrin: ). Yeah I think i'll be in Lee house wbu?
Original post by Leyan
No I wasn't at orientation :/ ( I kinda live in Cyprus so I couldn't make it :biggrin: ). Yeah I think i'll be in Lee house wbu?

Yeah Lee House too!! haha you? :O
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Well...I won't be studying films, but the close cousin that is theatre. Not really worried about getting to know people, though, and I think most people will have an easy time finding people with similar interests, especially within the courses they're taking :smile:
Reply 9
I look forward to seeing you both :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending