The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

desperate to sort out accommodation (clearing applicant)

Just like many clearing applicants I'm still waiting for accommodation. I've been told I've been given a place through head leasing (otherwise go through private sector) but I am really not comfortable taking up the offer as it is the complete opposite of what I need. I need the place to be single sex and ideally in walking distance to the university. I would prefer en suite as I'm not too keen on sharing bathrooms (but it is not a necessity). I have contacted many landlords through the scheme but a lot of them are full or they request for deposit and/or additional fees as well as the first monthly rent installment to be paid before moving in which all adds up to a lot and in such a short space of time makes it difficult for me to pay. Can anyone help me like in any form or way because I'm so stressed out and worried about not finding a place in time as I need to move in by 29th September! Also I am still waiting to hear from kexgill so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me more about them?

thank you.
Good luck with finding a house!!!

Unfortunately as it's getting very close, it may be very hard to find exactly what you want now and it is common place for landlords to ask for a deposit before you start.

About Kexgill, from what I heard seems to be one of the better big companies to go with and I've heard good things about their houses from friends with them. (Don't go with Unicom whatever you do) I believe their houses all have a cleaner that comes every so often though I think they only clean the communal areas, although the main downside to them I think is that none of their bedrooms have locks. They do seem to be reasonably reliable though and will fix any problems you have.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Midnight Star
Good luck with finding a house!!!

Unfortunately as it's getting very close, it may be very hard to find exactly what you want now and it is common place for landlords to ask for a deposit before you start.

About Kexgill, from what I heard seems to be one of the better big companies to go with and I've heard good things about their houses from friends with them. (Don't go with Unicom whatever you do) I believe their houses all have a cleaner that comes every so often though I think they only clean the communal areas, although the main downside to them I think is that none of their bedrooms have locks. They do seem to be reasonably reliable though and will fix any problems you have.

Thank you! Apparently kexgill don't charge a deposit and/or admission fees is that unusual? And I'm praying the bedrooms having no locks doesn't become a problem for me :/
Original post by ebba197
Thank you! Apparently kexgill don't charge a deposit and/or admission fees is that unusual? And I'm praying the bedrooms having no locks doesn't become a problem for me :/

Unfortunately I don't know, sorry. I only know that about them as some of my friends got a house with them but I don't think they've mentioned a deposit (though necessarily mean that doesn't mean they didn't get one).

Quick Reply

Latest