The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4380
Original post by brent_
would a maroon crew neck jumper look good with black jeans?
and which shop would have the best and cheap deals with brogue shoes and boots? I saw some nice shoes and they're not too expensive for my budget, although I'm worried about its quality.
sorry for pelting you with so much questions, I'm just a confused student who's starting his first year at uni two mondays from now:doh:

Black jeans go with everything.

I saw some suede Polo boots reduced to £50 online, but I cant find them now:unimpressed:
Anyone know where I can get some boots like these from a good shoe maker, for around £50.

$_12.JPG

I like the look of them a lot, but these particular ones are made by superdry and I have no experience with their shoes/boots so I don't know what the quality will be like. They're on sale at £50, which is pretty decent value but I would like them to last for a while.
Original post by hash007
Anyone know where I can get some boots like these from a good shoe maker, for around £50.

$_12.JPG

I like the look of them a lot, but these particular ones are made by superdry and I have no experience with their shoes/boots so I don't know what the quality will be like. They're on sale at £50, which is pretty decent value but I would like them to last for a while.

Any shoes for £50 aren't going to last a while.
Reply 4383
For anyone whos after a good winter flannel, my 3 local TK Maxx stores have had a large delivery of Filson shirts and jackets, they're super nice quality and are only 35 quid. Might be worth checking out your local one to see if they have any.
Original post by brent_
would a maroon crew neck jumper look good with black jeans?
and which shop would have the best and cheap deals with brogue shoes and boots? I saw some nice shoes and they're not too expensive for my budget, although I'm worried about its quality.
sorry for pelting you with so much questions, I'm just a confused student who's starting his first year at uni two mondays from now:doh:

First: Definitely man, I picked up a cleann maroon cable knit from tk maxx yesterday and I'll be pairing it with some dark jeans and dark boots / brogues / vans.

Depends what your budget is? Best on the high street is probably clarks, varying price range but the quality is much the same throughout.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm after a flannel shirt, a denim shirt, probably a new rucksack and then I'm done. Will probably end up copping a new bomber jacket though as well. Overdraft, I see U.
Maroon/oxblood is the GOAT colour srs
Harris Tweed at primark is now out- seems like some stuff is priced well but not sure if they've been skimping on quality for this
What do you think of these guys?

http://www.riverisland.com/men/shoes--boots/boots/Grey-contrast-panel-lace-up-military-boots-280865

http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4244749&CTAref=Saved+Items+Page

By the way, what casual fragrance do you guys use? I use GUCCI Pour Homme II but I want to switch it up a bit.
Original post by tw15st3d
Harris Tweed at primark is now out- seems like some stuff is priced well but not sure if they've been skimping on quality for this

I think that is indicative of Harris Tweed doing quite badly, and being forced to do this to keep going.

It's kinda like when the laws on cashmere production were changed I think in around 2005, so the less luxurious strands of hair, which wouldn't normally be used, can be sold too. So these days "100% cashmere" might not even mean much.
Original post by slacker07906
By the way, what casual fragrance do you guys use? I use GUCCI Pour Homme II but I want to switch it up a bit.

Switch between Nightflight, L'Eau D'Issey & ADG.

I don't have PH2, I've got Tea for Two by L'Artisan, both are considered the go to 'tea' based scents. Never smelled PH2.
(edited 9 years ago)
Which would you lot choose of these two?

Spoiler

Guys, what do you think of collarless shirts (as casual wear)?
I've got one similar to this http://www.hm.com/gb/product/30186?article=30186-B#article=30186-B but I can't make up my mind whether or not I like it. I bought it on a whim because it was really cheap, and now trying to decide whether to take it back or not.
Reply 4393
Original post by Wilfred Little

Spoiler

Not a massive fan of either, but if I had to choose one it would be the first.

Spoiler

I knew someone who had a hat similar to the second. The moment I found out, that friendship was terminated.
Original post by Toplel
Not a massive fan of either, but if I had to choose one it would be the first.

Cheers mate.

Original post by STARFLEET
I knew someone who had a hat similar to the second. The moment I found out, that friendship was terminated.

haha not your thing then? Fair dos.
Original post by tw15st3d

collection looks pretty decent, but will probably all be sold out by tomorrow :frown:
Reply 4397
Cheers mate.

haha not your thing then? Fair dos.

That second one is a CP Company hat right? They definitely work with some aesthetics, and I've seen them pulled off with the right outfit (all black techwear), but I just don't see it as being very versatile. It portrays a certain image which only fits with certain people, for all I know you may be one of those people, but for the majority of cases I wouldn't suggest it!
Original post by Toplel
That second one is a CP Company hat right? They definitely work with some aesthetics, and I've seen them pulled off with the right outfit (all black techwear), but I just don't see it as being very versatile. It portrays a certain image which only fits with certain people, for all I know you may be one of those people, but for the majority of cases I wouldn't suggest it!

Yeah CP Company. Going by what's posted on here and what I've seen I did wonder if both might go down like lead balloons.

I know the image you're talking about and yeah, that's not far off the sort of clothes I like.
Reply 4399
Yeah CP Company. Going by what's posted on here and what I've seen I did wonder if both might go down like lead balloons.

I know the image you're talking about and yeah, that's not far off the sort of clothes I like.

If you think it will fit with most of your clothes and could find enough to use it with then get it man, CP make some really nice stuff.

Latest