The Student Room Group

RAF PRTC 14 Oct 2014

Scroll to see replies

I'm only confident because I've had ages to prepare, from march basically, passed my aptitude, interview, medical, fitness (1.5 mile in 10:17) and now excited for the next step in the journey.. Can't wait to get out and actually do something interesting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DJadamson123
I passed my selection interview on the 28th of august. Can anyone give me a average time between medical/ fitness, PRTC, Final interview etc.

So for me, after my selection interview which was may 28th.. Medical & fitness was on June 12th.. PRTC is October 14th.. And if all goes well, selection interview should be a couple of weeks after that (date not confirmed) and phase 1 training Jan 7th
Hope that helps, though it all depends on when you apply and what part of the process they are at, some take longer than others due to good timing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DJadamson123
I passed my selection interview on the 28th of august. Can anyone give me a average time between medical/ fitness, PRTC, Final interview etc.

Average? About a month in-between, with medical could be months and months if they want more info.
Final interview is no earlier than a 3-4 weeks before your confirmed BRTC date.
(edited 9 years ago)
Think it's varies but I had my medical and fitness within 2 weeks after my selection interview. I have waited since April for my prtc so a good 7 months. With intake date being jan 2015

Posted from TSR Mobile
7 months is crazy long, i thought mine was bad :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tell me about it! Might even have been march. All worth the wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied in March, been soo bored waiting yet so excited, been a long year haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah 😊 can't wait for prtc though, can't come soon enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah same:smile: actually something functional opposed to monotonous runs around the area, will be good fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The app 'btfree' is that a replica of the actual bleep test as I've just done it and it didn't seem to be as long as I though it would be... Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I downloaded the beep test on my phone and do the 20m shuttle run, lasts around 7minutes I think to reach the required level 9.1? Are yous able to reach that comfortably?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For girls it's 7.2 😆 just the levels seem to go up really quickly??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh really? I didn't know the girls times etc.. Yeah each level lasts about a minute, slightly over, your total distance should be about 1.3km, or around 200m per minute

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah one more question sorry!! Say for instance on level 6 how many times do you roughly run back and fourth??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha it's no problem at all, I don't mind answering them :P on level 6 you do 10 shuttles, but most levels vary..
1 is 7
2 is 8
3 is 8
4 is 9
5 is 9
6 is 10
7 is 10
8 is 11

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah my app is defo wrong! I did about 6. That's annoying thought I did quite well! What app do you use?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You wanna PM me and we can chat about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Kyle, just wondering how you revised for your aptitude test? As I have mine on the 14th,15th of October.
Cheers, James
Original post by James_173
Hi Kyle, just wondering how you revised for your aptitude test? As I have mine on the 14th,15th of October.
Cheers, James

Hi James, the aptitude wasn't too bad, depending on the trade your applying for will determine how well you will have to do, what are you going in for and I'll let you know the scores?:smile:

The test is split into multiple stages, each stage will be explained before its started.. From memory I couldn't do the stages great justice, i think there is about 6 stages, and it lasted a good while too!

I found the best practice was the Raf's practice aptitude questions, they are fairly easy and can be found on their website

To put the test into perspective.. Some jobs required a score of 20-30 in a category.. The highest score needed was 63.. All my scores were 75+, so it isn't extreme a level work, just basic algebra, science, english etc etc

Pm me if you want more help:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deepz24
Just had my dates confirmed for the 14th October :biggrin: see you all there

What you going in for?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest